國際時事政治選舉新聞張貼及討論區(六)

1001 回覆
39 Like 2 Dislike
2019-05-29 21:22:16
Brexit: Boris Johnson ordered to appear in court over £350m claim

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48445430

Boris Johnson has been ordered to appear in court over claims he lied by saying the UK gave the EU £350m a week.

The Tory leadership candidate has been accused of misconduct in public office after making the claim during the 2016 EU referendum campaign.

It is a private prosecution launched by campaigner Marcus Ball, who crowdfunded £200,000 for the case.

Mr Johnson's representatives have called the case a "stunt" that is being "brought for political purposes".

The preliminary hearing will take place at Westminster Magistrates' Court and the case will then be sent to the Crown Court for trial.

Mr Johnson faces three allegations of misconduct in public office, between 21 February 2016 and 23 June 2016 - after he had announced he was backing Leave, up until the referendum vote - and 18 April 2017 to 3 May 2017 - during the general election that year.

Mr Ball's lawyers lodged an application in February to summons Mr Johnson, claiming the MP had deliberately misled the public during the first campaign, and repeated the statement during the second.
2019-05-29 21:23:17
Luigi Di Maio calls M5S confidence vote after EU elections flop

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/29/luigi-di-maio-calls-m5s-confidence-vote-eu-elections-flop-italy

Masiello/Getty Images
The leader of Italy’s Five Star Movement (M5S), Luigi Di Maio, is seeking a confidence vote from party supporters after a bruising defeat in the European elections.

Di Maio, 32, has been criticised after support for his anti-establishment party slumped by almost half in a year as it was usurped by its national coalition partner, the far-right League, which took 34.3% of the vote compared with M5S’s 17.1%. A revived centre-left Democratic party also unexpectedly eclipsed M5S to take second place.

“Over the last 48 hours everything has been said against me, declarations from all sides,” he wrote on Facebook.

The confidence vote, which poses the question: “Do you confirm Luigi Di Maio as the political head of the M5S?” will take place on Thursday on the party’s online platform, Rousseau.

“Nobody runs away. I have never shirked responsibility,” Di Maio said. “Before any other decision, today I have the right to know what you think of my actions. I want to hear the voice of the citizens who elected me as political leader a few years back.”

Di Maio, who is also Italy’s deputy prime minister and labour minister, said if confidence was renewed then he would “get down to work to change many things that aren’t working”.
2019-05-29 21:23:48
Netanyahu's decade-long rule in doubt as coalition talks falter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/29/benjamin-netanyahu-facing-end-decade-power-israel-coalition-talks-falter

Benjamin Netanyahu has until midnight to form a new ruling coalition or face the possible end of his decade of leadership of Israel.

As the hours ticked by, there was no sign of a breakthrough in talks with the far-right former defence minister Avigdor Lieberman. Missing the deadline could end the prime minister’s bid to lead the next government, a scenario he intends to avoid by preemptively triggering another election.

The ruling Likud party gathered in the newly elected parliament, the Knesset, on Wednesday afternoon to push legislation to dissolve it. That would kick off a potentially lengthy summer election campaign, even though the country voted in national polls last month.

Under Israeli election law, Netanyahu has until midnight (2100 GMT) on Wednesday to tell the president, Reuven Rivlin, whether he has put together an administration after his rightwing bloc came out ahead in elections in April.

Failure to forge a coalition may take the task out of Netanyahu’s hands, with Rivlin potentially asking another legislator, either from the prime minister’s party or from the opposition, to try.

That presidential move, which would sideline Netanyahu, can be avoided with a coalition agreement deal or if parliament disbands and votes for an election, with a September date widely mentioned.
2019-05-29 22:51:57
2019-05-29 22:58:53
2019-05-30 09:07:08
Israel to hold fresh election as Netanyahu fails to form coalition

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48454514

Israeli lawmakers have voted to dissolve parliament after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu failed to form a coalition government.

The vote triggered a fresh election, which will be held on 17 September.

Mr Netanyahu was unable to reach a deal for a fresh right-wing coalition following last month's election.

At the heart of the impasse was a military conscription bill governing exemptions for ultra-Orthodox Jewish seminary students.

It is the first time in Israel's history that a prime minister-designate has failed to form a coalition.

Parliament voted 74-45 in favour of dissolving itself after Mr Netanyahu missed a midnight local time (21:00 GMT) deadline on Wednesday.

Mr Netanyahu pushed for new elections to prevent Israeli President Reuven Rivlin selecting another member of parliament to try to form a government.
2019-05-30 09:08:28
Robert Mueller: Charging Trump was not an option

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48450534

US Special Counsel Robert Mueller has said charging President Donald Trump with a crime was not an option, in his first comments on the Russia inquiry.

He reiterated that his report did not exonerate the president and that legal guidelines prevent the indictment of a sitting president.

Mr Mueller did not rule out testifying in Congress but said he would not give information that was not in his report.

His statement largely reaffirmed what was in the report released with redactions last month.

He said if his team had had confidence that Mr Trump "clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so".

Mr Mueller added that "the Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing," in what was seen as a reference to the ability of Congress to start an impeachment process.

The special counsel said he did not believe it was "appropriate to speak further" about the investigation and that he would not provide any information that was not in his team's report.

With Democratic lawmakers seeking to have him testify in Congress, Mr Mueller said: "The report is my testimony."
2019-05-30 09:20:19
Mueller發言全文:

Thank you for being here. Two years ago the acting attorney general asked me to serve as special counsel, and he created the special counsel's office. The appointment order directed the office to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. This included investigating any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign. I have not spoken publicly during our investigation. I'm speaking out today because our investigation is complete. The attorney general has made the report on our investigation largely public. We are formally closing the special counsel's office, and, as well, I'm resigning from the Department of Justice to return to private life. I'll make a few remarks about the results of our work. But beyond these few remarks it is important that the office's written work speak for itself.

Let me begin where the appointment order begins, and that is interference in the 2016 presidential election. As alleged by the grand jury in an indictment, Russian intelligence officers, who were part of the Russian military, launched a concerted attack on our political system. The indictment alleges that they used sophisticated cyber techniques to hack into computers and networks used by the Clinton campaign. They stole private information and then released that information through fake online identities and through the organization, WikiLeaks. The releases were designed and timed to interfere with our election and to damage a presidential candidate. And at the same time, as the grand jury alleged in a separate indictment, a private Russian entity engaged in a social media operation where Russian citizens posed as Americans in order to influence an election. These indictments contain allegations, and we are not commenting on the guilt or innocence of any specific defendant. Every defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. The indictments allege, and the other activities in our report describe, efforts to interfere in our political system. They needed to be investigated and understood, and that is among the reasons why the Department of Justice established our office. That is also a reason we investigated efforts to obstruct the investigation. The matters we investigated were of paramount importance. It was critical for us to obtain full and accurate information from every person we questioned. When a subject of an investigation obstructs that investigation or lies to investigators it strikes at the core of the government's effort to find the truth and hold wrongdoers accountable.

(tbc)
2019-05-30 09:20:37
Let me say a word about the report. The report has two parts, addressing the two main issues we were asked to investigate. The first volume of the report details numerous efforts emanating from Russia to influence the election. This volume includes a discussion of the Trump campaign's response to this activity, as well as our conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy. And in a second volume, the report describes the results and analysis of our obstruction of justice investigation involving the president. The order appointing the special counsel authorized us to investigate actions that could obstruct the investigation. And we conducted that investigation and we kept the office of the acting attorney general apprised of the progress of our work. And as set forth in the report after that investigation, if we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the president did commit a crime. The introduction to the volume two of our report explains that decision. It explains that under long-standing department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional. Even if the charge is kept under seal and hidden from public view, that too is prohibited. The special counsel's office is part of the Department of Justice and by regulation it was bound by that department policy. Charging the president with a crime was, therefore, not an option we could consider.

The department's written opinion explaining the policy makes several important points that further informed our handling of the obstruction investigation. Those points are summarized in our report and I will describe two of them for you. First, the opinion explicitly permits the investigation of a sitting president, because it is important to preserve evidence while memories are fresh and documents available. Among other things, that evidence could be used if there were co-conspirators who could be charged now. And second, the opinion says that the Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing. And beyond department policy, we were guided by principles of fairness. It would be unfair to potentially, it would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge.

So that was Justice Department policy. Those were the principles under which we operated, and from them we concluded that we would, would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime. That is the office's, that is the office's final position, and we will not comment on any other conclusions or hypotheticals about the president. We conducted an independent criminal investigation and reported the results to the attorney general, as required by department regulations. The attorney general then concluded that it was appropriate to provide our report to Congress and to the American people. At one point in time I requested that certain portions of the report be released. The attorney general preferred to make that, preferred to make the entire report public all at once, and we appreciate that the attorney general made the report largely public. And I certainly do not question the attorney general's good faith in that decision.

(tbc)
2019-05-30 09:20:50
Now I hope and expect this to be the only time that I will speak to you in this manner. I am making that decision myself. No one has told me whether I can or should testify or speak further about this matter. There has been discussion about an appearance before Congress. Any testimony from this office would not go beyond our report. It contains our findings and analysis and the reasons for the decisions we made. We chose those words carefully and the work speaks for itself. And the report is my testimony. I would not provide information beyond that which is already public in any appearance before Congress. In addition, access to our underlying work product is being decided in a process that does not involve our office. So beyond what I have said here today, and what is contained in our written work, I do not believe it is appropriate for me to speak further about the investigation or to comment on the actions of the Justice Department or Congress. And it's for that reason I will not be taking questions today as well. Now before I step away, I want to thank the attorneys, the FBI agents, the analysts, the professional staff who helped us conduct this investigation in a fair and independent manner. These individuals who spent nearly two years with the special counsel's office were of the highest integrity. and I will close by reiterating the central allegation of our of our indictments that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interference in our election. And that allegation deserves the attention of every American. Thank you. Thank you for being here today.

基本上無新嘢, 全部係report入面講過
2019-05-30 10:38:02
Trump 又燈死Netanyahu
2019-05-30 10:45:26
2019-05-30 10:47:50
咁即係點係唔係因為DOJ Policy 話唔告得總統先唔告
2019-05-30 11:22:39
DOJ自Nixon開始, 個policy就係DOJ唔會起訴現任總統, 因為Mueller受DOJ規管, 所以由一開始, Mueller就唔可以起訴Trump妨礙司法公正

而由於Mueller唔可以起訴總統, 基於公平原則, 佢亦唔可以指控(accuse)總統犯左法, 因為唔可以起訴=無得上庭, 即係被檢控官指控犯法嘅總統無得用司法程序為自己辯護, 咁對被指控者唔公平, 變左亦唔可以得出總統犯法嘅結論

但Mueller得別寫明雖然唔可以得出總統犯法嘅結論, 但如果總統無法犯法, 佢可以寫明總統無犯法, 但佢話根據調查結果, 佢無辦法咁樣講, 其實已經好白

而佢份報告亦一part特別探討, 機制上, 點解國會可以制衡妨礙司法公正嘅總統

小弟係#717~#723根據份報告本身summary, 打左份summary出黎, 有興趣同時間不妨一讀
2019-05-30 11:23:42
咁即係點係唔係因為DOJ Policy 話唔告得總統先唔告
DOJ自Nixon開始, 個policy就係DOJ唔會起訴現任總統, 因為Mueller受DOJ規管, 所以由一開始, Mueller就唔可以起訴Trump妨礙司法公正

而由於Mueller唔可以起訴總統, 基於公平原則, 佢亦唔可以指控(accuse)總統犯左法, 因為唔可以起訴=無得上庭, 即係被檢控官指控犯法嘅總統, 無得用司法程序為自己辯護, 咁對被指控者唔公平, 變左亦唔可以得出總統犯法嘅結論

但Mueller得別寫明雖然唔可以得出總統犯法嘅結論, 但如果總統無犯法, 佢可以寫明總統無犯法, 但佢話根據調查結果, 佢無辦法咁樣講, 其實已經好白

而佢份報告亦一part特別探討, 機制上, 點解國會可以制衡妨礙司法公正嘅總統

小弟係#717~#723根據份報告本身summary, 打左份summary出黎, 有興趣同時間不妨一讀
2019-05-31 08:49:21
Trump announces tariffs on all Mexico goods in latest anti-immigration measure

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48469408

US President Donald Trump has announced tariffs on all goods coming from Mexico in a bid to curb illegal immigration.

In a tweet, Mr Trump said that from 10 June a 5% tariff would be imposed and would slowly rise "until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied".

President Trump has declared a national emergency to tackle what he claims is a crisis at the US southern border.

Border agents say they are overwhelmed, but critics say they are mishandling and mistreating migrants.

Jesus Seade, Mexico's top diplomat for North America, said the the tariffs would be "disastrous".

"If this is put in place, we must respond vigorously," he told reporters.
2019-05-31 10:27:13
Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media, say he fought back against this phony crime that didn’t exist, this horrendous false accusation, and he shouldn’t fight back, he should just sit back and take it. Could this be Obstruction? No, Mueller didn’t find Obstruction either. Presidential Harassment!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1134066371510378501

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1134066372584062976

仆你個街終於認喇, 之前一路話俄佬無干預大選, 俄佬無幫自己, 依家退一步, 認左俄佬幫佢贏大選
2019-06-03 08:53:25
Greek conservatives win big in local elections

https://www.dw.com/en/greek-conservatives-win-big-in-local-elections/a-49007200

Greece's main opposition conservative party, New Democracy, repeated last week's success in European Parliament elections by dominating in second-round runoff local elections on Sunday. The political group secured 12 of the country's 13 regions and won a majority of cities.

In Athens, Kostas Bakoyannis, son of former conservative mayor Dora Bakoyannis and nephew of opposition leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis, won with a 65% share of the vote to defeat a candidate backed by the ruling left-wing Syriza.

Prime Minister Alex Tsipras' party picked up less than a quarter of the vote last week, a result that led him to call for snap elections on July 7, three months earlier than scheduled, and crushed his dream of becoming the first Greek prime minister in three decades to see out a full term in office.

New Democracy won five of Greece's 13 regional district governorships in last week's first round of local voting — which ran alongside the European Parliament ballot — while the left took just one.
2019-06-03 08:54:29
German Social Democrat leader Andrea Nahles to step down after EU poll losses

https://www.dw.com/en/german-social-democrat-leader-andrea-nahles-to-step-down-after-eu-poll-losses/a-49005341

Andrea Nahles has announced her resignation as leader of the center-left Social Democratic Party (SPD) and its parliamentary group, saying she wanted to give the party the chance to elect the next leader in an orderly way after disastrous European election results.

The choice of Nahles' successor could prove crucial for Chancellor Angela Merkel, whose conservative Christian Democrats CDU/CSU lead the German government in coalition with the Social Democrats. A more left-leaning leader of the SPD could take the party out of the alliance, potentially ending Merkel's chancellorship.

"The discussions within the parliamentary group and the large amount of feedback from the party have shown me that there is no longer support for me in holding these offices," Nahles wrote in a statement to SPD members on Sunday. She said she would step down as party leader on Monday and as parliamentary leader on Tuesday, and according to some media reports was also going to resign her seat in the Bundestag, though a date for that has not been set.

Initial signals from the CDU suggest the conservatives are determined to keep the coalition together. Merkel's successor as party leader, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, said she had acknowledged Nahles' resignation with great respect.
2019-06-03 08:59:47
Albanians take to the streets calling for fresh election

https://www.dw.com/en/albanians-take-to-the-streets-calling-for-fresh-election/a-49010765

Thousands of opposition supporters belonging to Albania's center-right Democratic Party gathered at the main government building in the capital Tirana on Sunday demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Edi Rama.

Demonstrators chanted "Rama go away" and "corrupt government" as they threw firecrackers, stones and smoke bombs, despite organizers' pleas not to attack the police.

Ten police officers and three people were injured in the protests, according to the Albania's Interior Ministry. Police used water cannons and tear gas to control the demonstrators when they tried to get closer to the building.

The protesters accuse Rama, a member of the center-left Socialist Party, of corruption and links to organized crime. They want him to resign and a transitional government to hold an early parliamentary election.
2019-06-03 09:02:41
Pompeo offers to talk to Iran with ‘no pre-conditions’

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/02/pompeo-iran-trump-negotiations-1349845

President Donald Trump’s desire to avoid a war with Iran appears to be prevailing in his own administration — for now.

On Sunday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the United States was willing to talk to Iran’s Islamist leaders without preconditions, even as the U.S. deploys hundreds more troops to the region amid rising tensions.

“We are prepared to engage in a conversation with no preconditions, we are ready to sit down,” Pompeo said.

While Pompeo added that the U.S. still wanted Iran to behave like a “normal nation,” his overall remarks appeared to be a climb-down from the past, including his insistence that Tehran meet 12 far-reaching conditions as part of any deal. Pompeo is known for his closeness to Trump and a willingness to adjust his own messaging to fall in line with the president’s thinking.

His announcement followed reports that President Hassan Rouhani of Iran had said Tehran would talk to the Americans if they showed “respect” instead of issuing orders. Iranian officials had previously ruled out talks with the Trump team.

Taken together, the developments suggest that international efforts, either publicly or behind the scenes, to persuade the two sides to de-escalate tensions were having an effect. Pompeo spoke while visiting Switzerland, which often serves as an intermediary between the U.S. and Iran, though the Swiss have been unwilling to detail what role, if any, they now play.

The statements from both sides also come as Trump has made it increasingly clear that he does not want a military conflict with Iran. His stance has put him publicly at odds with aides such as Pompeo and national security adviser John Bolton, who have taken a harder line.
2019-06-04 09:53:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mePptwTzn0
Footage shows what really happened in lead-up to Tiananmen Square massacre | Four Corners
2019-06-04 09:54:56
Italy: Conte threatens to quit unless government solves spat

https://www.dw.com/en/italy-conte-threatens-to-quit-unless-government-solves-spat/a-49041250

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte on Monday said he would step down from his post unless the ruling 5-Star Movement and League parties started to take responsibility for running the country.

"I am asking both these political forces to make a choice and tell me if they still want to honor the government's obligations," he told a news conference. If not, "I will simply end my mandate."

Conte demanded a speedy response and Interior Minister Matteo Salvini replied: "We want to carry on, no time to waste."

The populist 5-Star Movement and the League have been arguing for months over a range of issues, ranging from migration policy to infrastructure projects.

The split intensified after the League won 34% of the vote in the European parliamentary elections last month, pulling ahead of the 5-Star movement and adding to speculation that Salvini and the League could ditch coalition partners.

If Italy's government were to collapse, there has been speculation that parliament could be dissolved, resulting in snap elections.
2019-06-04 09:55:22
Swedish court rejects detention request for Julian Assange

https://www.dw.com/en/swedish-court-rejects-detention-request-for-julian-assange/a-49011376

A court in Sweden on Monday turned down a request from prosecutors to have WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange be detained in absentia.

The Uppsala district court said that while Assange was "a suspect" in the case 2010 rape case, his current detention in a British prison was sufficient.

The Australian's lawyer, meanwhile, described the verdict as a "big victory" for his client

Assange was arrested in April at Ecuador's Embassy in London, where he'd been living since 2012, to avoid an extradition order to Sweden over sexual assault charges.

Swedish prosecutors reopened a rape case against the 47-year-old shortly after he was arrested but Monday's decision complicates the process of having Assange extradited.

He is accused of raping a woman during a visit to the Scandinavian country in 2010. A sexual misconduct case involving a second woman in Sweden was dropped in 2017 after the statute of limitations expired.

Swedish deputy chief prosecutor Eva-Marie Persson said she intends to issue a European Arrest Warrant "concerning surrender to Sweden" if the court approved the request.
2019-06-05 08:57:39
Trump praises 'extraordinary' US-UK alliance on state visit

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48507244

US President Donald Trump has said the US and UK have the "greatest alliance the world has ever known".

In a news conference with Theresa May, he promised a "phenomenal" trade deal after the UK leaves the European Union, but added that "everything is on the table" - including the NHS.

Mrs May said the scope of trade talks had to be agreed by both countries.

Mr Trump also said he turned down a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn, who addressed protesters in Westminster.

The US president met Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage at the US ambassador's residence, Winfield House, on the second day of his three-day state visit to the UK.

Mr Farage tweeted that it was a "good meeting" and Mr Trump "really believes in Brexit".
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞