移民左去加拿大Toronto 48年 點滴 2

1001 回覆
1218 Like 15 Dislike
2022-03-26 13:28:37
廿年前我得十幾歲, 第一次釣魚係去荃灣西站對出海邊釣, 冇經驗鳩釣都釣到十幾廿條泥鯭

而家唔知得唔得啦
2022-03-26 13:36:09
Do u recommend Toronto or Vancouver for young people from HK? Vancouver seems ideal but heard that the cost of living is high.
2022-03-26 15:31:13
2022-03-26 16:22:54
Hello Uncle
Would you go hiking usually?
Country side in Canada looks beautiful
2022-03-26 16:59:47
泥鯭係陀地嚟
揾啱位就有
2022-03-26 19:58:36
Not enough to boil soup
2022-03-26 20:03:21
You have report world-wide income for the years you were away or face a 1% penalty per month on your TFSA.
I would suggest you to hire a CPA and take a look at your case.

I can't make a definite determination without seeing a complete picture.
2022-03-26 20:04:43
Use to fish for that near the pier. I remember it was painful if get spiked by their fins
2022-03-26 20:43:55
uncle
have you ever caught spot shrimp
2022-03-26 21:06:43
No alimony, >10 yr, no kids benefits in HK in general, no dl, no hc, all returned

Agree, this is not a usual case or will have a straight simple answer if I am to guess
2022-03-26 22:56:02
泥鯭係用油炸鬼chok 嘅. 我通常一次都chok 百幾條
2022-03-26 22:57:56
I have never lived in Vancouver, but personally I love Vancouver. Salt water fishing are abundance there. However, B.C. is due for a major earthquake. I don't want to take that chance.

Toronto has more opportunities for young people.
2022-03-26 23:01:31
https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/bios/yuen.php
Peter Yuen
Deputy Chief
Community Safety Command
As a senior police leader with the largest municipal police service in Canada, Deputy Chief Peter Yuen is currently in charge of Community Safety Command which provides proactive and reactive public safety services and programs in partnership with diverse communities and key stakeholders. As Deputy Chief, Peter is responsible for all front line policing and oversees 12 districts consisting of 16 divisions in the City. He is also in charge of Field Services which encompasses the Toronto Police Operations Centre, Communications Services, Traffic Services, Parking Enforcement, Public Safety Response Team and the Community Partnerships & Engagement Unit. Peter is most proud of the meaningful partnerships he has developed and expanded that are most relevant to the heart of the community, including the Neighbourhood Community Officer Program and the expansion of the Mobile Crisis Intervention Team Program.

Peter was born in Hong Kong and immigrated to Canada in 1975. He is proud of his Chinese heritage and his Canadian citizenship. From a lens of his own personal experiences with diversity, Peter actively seeks out honest public discourse and community input on policing issues, management and social justice issues. Peter is a member of the Toronto Police Services Board Anti-Racism Advisory Panel, a member of the Toronto Police Services Board Mental Health and Addictions Advisory Panel, a member of the National Use of Force Committee, the Ontario Regional Chair of the National Justice Committee, the Co-Chair of the Toronto Police Service Mobile Crisis Intervention Team Steering Committee and Senior Advisor to both the East and South Asian Internal Support Networks.
2022-03-26 23:02:10
spot shrimp? What is that in Chinese
2022-03-26 23:03:39
Uncle 好叻!
係上一代人的努力
我地後輩們都會向你好好學習
2022-03-26 23:06:22
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/film-media-tax-credits/residency-status-determination.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/technical-information/income-tax/income-tax-folios-index/series-5-international-residency/folio-1-residency/income-tax-folio-s5-f1-c1-determining-individual-s-residence-status.html#p1.11

Significant residential ties
1.11 The residential ties of an individual that will almost always be significant residential ties for the purpose of determining residence status are the individual's:

dwelling place (or places);
spouse or common-law partner; and
dependents

.Secondary residential ties
1.14 Generally, secondary residential ties must be looked at collectively in order to evaluate the significance of any one such tie. For this reason, it would be unusual for a single secondary residential tie with Canada to be sufficient on its own to lead to a determination that an individual is factually resident in Canada while abroad. Secondary residential ties that will be taken into account in determining the residence status of an individual while outside Canada are:

personal property in Canada (such as furniture, clothing, automobiles, and recreational vehicles);
social ties with Canada (such as memberships in Canadian recreational or religious organizations);
economic ties with Canada (such as employment with a Canadian employer and active involvement in a Canadian business, and Canadian bank accounts, retirement savings plans, credit cards, and securities accounts);
landed immigrant status or appropriate work permits in Canada;
hospitalization and medical insurance coverage from a province or territory of Canada;
a driver's license from a province or territory of Canada;
a vehicle registered in a province or territory of Canada;
a seasonal dwelling place in Canada or a leased dwelling place referred to in ¶1.12;
a Canadian passport; and
memberships in Canadian unions or professional organizations.
2022-03-26 23:08:27
Other residential ties
1.15 Other residential ties that the Courts have considered in determining the residence status of an individual while outside Canada, and which may be taken into account by the CRA, include the retention of a Canadian mailing address, post office box, or safety deposit box, personal stationery (including business cards) showing a Canadian address, telephone listings in Canada, and local (Canadian) newspaper and magazine subscriptions. These residential ties are generally of limited importance except when taken together with other residential ties, or with other factors such as those described in ¶1.16.

Application of term ordinarily resident
1.16 Where an individual has not severed all of his or her residential ties with Canada, but is physically absent from Canada for a considerable period of time (that is, for a period of time extending over several months or years), the Courts have generally focused on the term ordinarily resident in determining the individual's residence status while abroad. The strong trend in decisions of the Courts on this issue is to regard temporary absence from Canada, even on an extended basis, as insufficient to avoid Canadian residence for tax purposes. Accordingly, where an individual maintains residential ties with Canada while abroad, the following factors will be taken into account in evaluating the significance of those ties:

evidence of intention to permanently sever residential ties with Canada;
regularity and length of visits to Canada; and
residential ties outside Canada.
For greater certainty, the CRA does not consider that intention to return to Canada, in and of itself and in the absence of any residential ties, is a factor whose presence is sufficient to lead to a determination that an individual is resident in Canada while abroad.

Evidence of intention to permanently sever residential ties
1.17 Whether an individual intended to permanently sever residential ties with Canada at the time of his or her departure from Canada is a question of fact to be determined with regard to all of the circumstances of each case. Although length of stay abroad is one factor to be considered in making this determination (that is, as evidence of the individual's intentions upon leaving Canada), the Courts have indicated that there is no particular length of stay abroad that necessarily results in an individual becoming a non-resident. Generally, if there is evidence that an individual's return to Canada was foreseen at the time of his or her departure, the CRA will attach more significance to the individual's remaining residential ties with Canada (see ¶1.11 to 1.15), in determining whether the individual continued to be a factual resident of Canada subsequent to his or her departure. For example, where, at the time of an individual's departure from Canada, there exists a contract for employment in Canada if and when the individual returns to Canada, the CRA will consider this to be evidence that the individual's return to Canada was foreseen at the time of departure. However, the CRA would have to review each individual's situation on a case-by-case basis to determine whether the individual's remaining residential ties with Canada, including the contract of employment, are sufficient to conclude that the individual continues to be resident in Canada.

Steps taken to comply with the Act
1.18 Another factor that the CRA will consider in determining whether an individual intended to permanently sever all residential ties with Canada at the time of his or her departure from Canada, is whether the individual took into account and complied with the provisions of the Act dealing with the taxation of:

individuals ceasing to be resident in Canada; and
individuals who are not resident in Canada.
2022-03-26 23:41:43
如果有十零廿條石九公或梳籮 夾埋10-12両
夠一家四口㷛蕃茄薯仔
2022-03-27 00:02:47
煲滾水,煎香魚 加幾片薑
2022-03-27 00:42:48
Hi Uncle

Thank you for your response in the last post!

Re your comment, you recommended me to study a post grad diploma or master's, I was wondering if US schools holds similar recognition in Canada as Canadian schools? (i.e. is Cornell ~ U of T?)

If my goal is to join the federal gov or bank as an analyst, would a master at U of T be sufficient to guarantee a chance?

Thanks uncle
2022-03-27 01:36:59
Thanks CNTower!
2022-03-27 01:45:53
Hi uncle
Do u know would be it very hard to find civil engineering job in Toronto?
2022-03-27 01:55:00
Nothing in life can be guaranteed except death.
If you are going to work in Canada, then a Canadian degree in more preferable and more affordable.
2022-03-27 01:57:08
I think you should be OK. Make sure you stay in a Hotel whenever you go and visit your kids and keep all the plane tickets, receipts etc .
2022-03-27 01:59:07
Ok will do after I go back. Thank you so much for your time and suggestions
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞