Kong Girls law students - Part 5
Amongst these incidents, we have come up with 14 different categories of victims/complaints in accordance with the various Articles** within the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). We have enough proofs to demonstrate the police's violation of the related Articles.
1. Any person who is subjected to a tear gas bomb in a close or dense space (such as CITIC, a subway station) and suffers substantial physical harm (violation of Art. 7, 19, 21);
2. Any journalist or demonstrator who has been subjected to tear gas bombs in close or dense spaces but has not suffered physical harm (in violation of Art. 19, 21);
3. Any person who is physically harmed by a pepper spray/bomb or various bullets (violation of Art. 7, 19, 21);
4. Anyone who was injured at the 7.21 attack and rejected of police's investigation (violation of Art. 7, 19, 21);
5. Any journalist or demonstrator present at the 7.21 attack and sustained no physical harm (violation of Art. 19, 21);
6. Any person who is unreasonably arrested (violation of Art. 9, 19, 21);
7. Any person who is attacked by water cannon at a close range (violation of Art. 19, 21);
8. Anyone who has been physically assaulted by police with violent in 8.31 (violation of Art. 7, 19, 21);
9. Any journalist or demonstrator at the 8.31 Prince Edward MTR but sustained no physical harm (violation of Art. 19, 21);
10. Any arrested person who has been subjected to various human rights violations or even tortured (violation of Art. 7, 14);
11. Any arrested person who was subjected to unreasonable lynching or violence during the arrest (in violation of Art. 7);
12. Any participant who was cleared by the police force without reasons during a legal assembly (violation of Art. 19, 21);
13. Any person who is involved in a legal assembly but is arrested and prosecuted for "illegal assembly/assembly" or even "riot"; and
14. Witnesses in any of the above situations
Currently, around 100 have signed the petition, and out of them, 3 are victims.
The number of petitioners is still small, particularly victims. In fact, we have enough facts and legal analysis on hand, but what we lack most are victim's cases. These cases would strongly confirm and support our petition and the content therein, causing the UN to reckon our petition as valid and not hearsay.
At the current stage, we need a surge in the number of petitioners, especially from the following:
1. Any person who was shot by a pepper spray/bomb or various bullets on the head/face or other vital parts of the bodies. (other parts of the body that were harmed seriously.)
2. The arrested was subjected to unreasonable violence or lynching during the arrest. For example, those who have been subdued on the ground and yet still get wrist twisted until broken, choke-necked, violently beaten by slapsticks. Also, those who were called "smelly whore" / "cockroaches" (any of the above sufferings is acceptable).
3. Victims who were beaten by white shirt gangsters on 7.21.
4. Victims who were beaten by police on 8.31.
5. Those who participated in peaceful rallies (with or without the no-objection notice), and were cleared by police violently without reasons (such as tear gas bombs. (e.g. 612)
Let us reaffirm: All signatories and victim cases would be kept confidential, and the information would not be released by the CN even upon request by either the CCP or the HKSAR. Meanwhile, to minimize the risk of our information system getting hacked, we would only keep your contact number on record for now until we have completed the petition.
So once again, if you believe in us and want to vent your steam, then we will guarantee the confidentiality of your particulars.