多倫多生活討論區47

1001 回覆
1 Like 1 Dislike
2022-12-30 12:48:05
有冇ching用緊virgin plus?感覺如何?
2022-12-30 12:49:15
2022-12-30 12:49:44
2022-12-30 12:52:41
I will ask you a few questions to determine your tax resident status.

How often did you return to Canada after you returned to HK as non-resident AND where did you stay.

Did you return and cancelled your OHIP then? Your OHIP may still be valid if yours is still the red and white one without photo.

Did you renew your driver's licence when it expired in those years when you claimed non-resident status?
What address do you use on your driver's licence?

When did you open the bank account? Which address do you have on the bank account?
2022-12-30 12:54:13
前排black fri用左佢
覺得收信號好似一般般
成日會突然收少左1-2格
2022-12-30 13:00:38
first oil change 係好快
uncle都係話after"first 1500km"
2022-12-30 13:00:53
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/information-been-moved/determining-your-residency-status.html

Determining your residency status
Under Canada's tax system, your income tax obligations to Canada are based on your residency status. You need to know your residency status before you can know what your tax responsibilities and filing requirements to Canada are.

To determine your residency status, all of the relevant facts in your case must be considered, including residential ties with Canada and the length of time, purpose, intent, and continuity of the stay while living inside and outside Canada.

The following steps can help you determine your residency status for income tax purposes and your tax obligations to Canada.

Step 1: Determine if you have residential ties with Canada
The most important thing to consider when determining your residency status in Canada for income tax purposes is whether or not you maintain, or you establish, significant residential ties with Canada.

Significant residential ties to Canada include:

a home in Canada
a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
dependants in Canada
Secondary residential ties that may be relevant include:

personal property in Canada, such as a car or furniture
social ties in Canada, such as memberships in Canadian recreational or religious organizations
economic ties in Canada, such as Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
a Canadian driver's licence
a Canadian passport
health insurance with a Canadian province or territory
The information above is general in nature. For more information on your residential ties, see Income Tax Folio S5-F1-C1, Determining an Individual's Residence Status.

Step 2: Determine your residency status and its tax implications
Your residency status if you left Canada
If you are working temporarily outside Canada, vacationing outside Canada, commuting (going back and forth daily or weekly) from Canada to your place of work in the United States, or attending school in another country, and you maintain residential ties with Canada, you may be considered a factual resident of Canada
If you left Canada and established a permanent home in another country and you severed your residential ties with Canada ceasing to be a resident of Canada in the tax year, you may be considered an emigrant
If you established residential ties in a country that Canada has a tax treaty with and you are considered a resident of that country, but you are otherwise a factual resident of Canada, meaning you maintain significant residential ties with Canada, you may be considered a deemed non-resident of Canada. The same rules apply to deemed non-residents as non-residents of Canada
If you left Canada and you are a government employee outside Canada, which includes members of the Canadian Forces posted abroad, you are usually considered a factual resident or a deemed resident of Canada. For more information, see Government employees outside Canada

Forms and publications
Form NR73, Determination of Residency Status (Leaving Canada)
Form NR74, Determination of Residency Status (Entering Canada)
Income Tax Folio S5-F1-C1, Determining an Individual's Residence Status
2022-12-30 13:01:05
2022-12-30 13:03:28
武肺之前年年返嚟探屋企人 住阿媽度
有紅白張ohip卡 不過冇用 唔知可以cancel添
Driver lic 一直有renew
Bank account was opened a few yrs ago using hk address
2022-12-30 13:06:11
2022-12-30 13:28:06
2022-12-30 13:29:48
武肺之前年年返嚟探屋企人 住阿媽度- iwould advise my client to stay in a hotel/motel and keep all receipts

有紅白張ohip卡 不過冇用 唔知可以cancel添- your OHIP card is STILL valid. Only a resident of Ontario can have a health card. For any new comers, you MUST stay in Ontario for 6 months or a letter from an employer to state that you are a full time employee for at least 6 months. But in any case, you must be a resident of Ontario to qualify for OHIP. By not cancelling it, you considered yourself a resident of Ontario.

Driver lic 一直有renew- you must have used an Ontario address when you renew. Can anyone from HK obtain an Ontario driver's licence if they don't live here?

If you are selected for audit for any reasons, your non-resident status may be an issue.

I could be wrong because you didn't have the Primary ties but your secondary ties are pretty solid.
If you are deemed a tax resident of Canada for all these years, then you may have to file a tax returns for all these years. I think you should seek professional advice.
2022-12-30 13:33:36
之前back to school 轉咗佢
Vaughan同Richmond Hill 收得勁差
11月見到Fido 做promo即刻轉返去Fido
2022-12-30 13:33:53
雖然唔關我事 但我全部睇哂
Uncle真係好熱心
2022-12-30 13:36:32
Just blowing water.
2022-12-30 13:50:08
2022-12-30 13:54:29
I must express my gratitude to you again for clarifying and looking into my issues.

That’s why I want to be prepared to file things properly when I return so that the chance to be selected for audit is lower. Unless it’s random then I have to keep my fingers crossed.

You’re right I should get professional help who knows how things can work around. But your wife is too busy already…
2022-12-30 13:56:01
啱呀 uncle真心幫手 超感激
2022-12-30 13:58:36
加拿大玩global tax
2022-12-30 14:04:59
2022-12-30 14:07:22
2022-12-30 14:10:00
2022-12-30 14:15:18
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞