I’m an American. Ask me anything!

791 回覆
2761 Like 32 Dislike
2019-10-13 06:38:54
Hi HK people

I’m an American. I started following the news in HK closely after 7.21. Since then I’ve tried to help the effort as much as possible. I post fliers, contact politicians, attend rallies, and spread awareness. I’m open to ideas and feedback about how else to help, and I’ve already gotten some good advice from LIHKG.

We have several groups in the states that support HK. The closest group to me, NY4HK, operates in NYC. On 9.29, they rallied in front of the Chinese consulate in NYC; on 10.13 they’ll rally at The Cube with face masks to oppose the mask ban and to pass out postcards to passers-by.

Since becoming involved in this effort, I’ve met so many kind and welcoming people in person and online. In this thread, please feel free to ask me anything.

And finally, I go to school by bus.
2019-10-13 06:41:01
唔好玩膠住啦
2019-10-13 06:41:37
Me three
2019-10-13 06:44:17
Sir, please show your American citizenship identification first.
2019-10-13 06:44:21
Welcome!!
2019-10-13 06:46:46
:removes cheeseburger from pocket:

Will this do?
2019-10-13 07:42:37
No
2019-10-13 07:43:00
Show me your neutralization cert
2019-10-13 07:45:58
Do you mean naturalization? I was born in America and I don’t have Asian ancestry.

Or maybe there’s a joke I’m missing?
2019-10-13 08:13:03
LIHKG translationr:
lin dan chai (LIHKG members) would like you to fact check your identity.
2019-10-13 08:17:37
Sure. Just tell me how. I already sent a copy of my student ID to LIHKG admin when I requested an account. Anyone doubting my identity can report this thread.

Maybe I can post a picture of my white hand holding my US passport...
2019-10-13 08:21:09
yes, exactly. post your US passport with all personal info. covered so as to protect your true identity, while proving yourself a US citizen.
2019-10-13 08:25:33
your general feeling about the US sentiment on China these days?

my observation is that what happened to the NBA and Blizzard seem to have gotten a lot of ordinary Americans, ones that are not necessarily political junkies to pay attention to China if not Hong Kong itself.

myself being a keen observer of your country, China really made a mistake by overreaching its censorship, Americans really dont like to be told what not to say that if there is one thing all Americans can agree on, it's freedom of speech.
2019-10-13 09:00:35
I have received some "prophecies", I think it explains a lot of things and, they somehow make sense
All in all, I believe in the US, and Trump has been planning to FUCK the CCP hard.

Firstly, US military declassified UFO footages
-> as you may know, tons of US movies use UFO as theme. Why? to let the US public to have mental preparation on what's coming. To clarify, Area 51 hides a lot of alien tech, like TR-3B. Therefore, I believe that the declassification is to send a signal: we are ready to put TR-3B in the air on task.

Secondly, Trump knows what he's doing
As a leader, sometimes, success cannot be achieved without sacrificing. After, long period of observations, I have the following guess expressed in terms of Q&A. yea, just simply guessing.

1. Why start trade war? and lasts for over a year already.
Stop giving China money!
Trump is trying to urge US co. to evacuate from China.

2. Why fuck HUAWEI?
Many reports, both researched by FBI that sort of thing, as well as private co. , all of them point to the same conclusion: CCP is using HUAWEI to collect personal data and send them back to CCP servers in mainland. They then use AI to identify HK protesters and threatening them. That explains why students were identify so quickly by the HK PoPo, and the next day, they would be found floating on the sea in BLACK outfit as DEAD bodies.

Disclaimer: NOT and IMPOSSIBLE to be FCed (fact checked), just some guesses I heard around me.

Academic statement: I am a university student, academical discussion is MORE than WELCOME.
2019-10-13 09:56:07

I even included my shitty handwriting so you guys can tell I’m not an imposter.
2019-10-13 10:03:58
So u are yellow ppl ?
america born chinese ?
2019-10-13 10:04:25
sorry america born hkers?
2019-10-13 10:06:44
Your observations are indeed keen. The massive growth of r/HongKong (subreddit) over the past few days shows that the Blizzard and NBA events are starting to grab the attention of a much broader audience. As I’m sure you’re aware, many Americans are apathetic or uneducated about world events. We are also increasingly polarized by domestic politics. However, as you said, certain issues (including freedom of speech) unite the general populace. In the past few days, I’ve seen conservatives praising Pelosi and liberals praising Cruze for their respective actions with regard to HK. In general there is growing bipartisan awareness of and opposition to Chinese censorship and human rights abuses, and I think the CCP is particularly unwise to try to influence the American entertainment industry - in my opinion, doing so practically guarantees the generation of news items which will go viral. The average person’s interest is grabbed by headlines like “South Park banned in China!”.
2019-10-13 10:08:16
I’m an American born white guy.

If my skin looks yellow it’s because of the lighting in my apartment
2019-10-13 10:09:06
Currently living in America; I should have been more clear.
2019-10-13 10:33:22
Wonder if you are a native America? Or an immigrate?
Do you know any Hong Konger?
2019-10-13 10:35:52
People here are overly obsessed with proof of identity. Consider the forum is being flooded with fake news (thanks to CCP) it is understandable why members are so cautious
2019-10-13 10:38:04
FCed
2019-10-13 10:38:47
My ancestors moved to America from Europe in the mid-19th century. I have HKer friends. My university has an HK student association and I’ve met friends at their events I’ve also met HKers at rallies and protests.
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞