British National? Obviously!

78 回覆
42 Like 0 Dislike
2020-07-05 00:51:57
Exactly, that’s why the sum of rent and transport fee can cost you pretty the same as renting in Hong Kong.
2020-07-05 00:57:53
Its always gon be different from the books tho, always bear that in mind. Im sure ull do well tho.
2020-07-05 01:00:32
Unless u meet jeremy clarkson, or else brits r quite inclusive when it comes to cycling. Wont exactly suggest u to cycle from MK to London tho.
2020-07-05 01:06:46
Just get drunk with them and ull fit in just fine. People in the streets tend to be more friendly and chatty than hk ppl as well. Unless u r on the tube, the tacit agreement is to never talk to strangers on the tube, but u can try yh.
2020-07-05 01:08:02
Americanism hv gotten into the british culture long ago, so dont worry too much. Id stick to british english tho if possible.
2020-07-05 01:22:11
The rule of no politics and religions still applies but not as strict as its in the US i think. There r loads of different people in the uk as well, just talk wt they like. Im sure ull do fine, they r human as well after all. Never ever brag about money.

Weather is like the ‘食咗飯未’ in hong kong, just small talks.

Well the political scene is rather different here, but a rich one. Each view has got their own supporters and establishments (the newspaper culture is the most traditional one, there r pretty much all sorts of media representing all sorts of views). But id say its still quite inclusive. Most older ppl r on the right tho, while uni students r usually on the left. They do get a bit excited sometimes but not rly a lot of ppl r passionate abt politics.

And the society culture, the very founding stone of britain. Ppl of different views and interests tend to form societies or clubs. Even myself is in one about history, one of our governor at some point was acc the president of it. Lovely how history connects ppl. And indeed a huge variety of them r available.
2020-07-05 01:25:58
Im not very fond of contemporary shows tbh, i prefer to watch older stuffs. Ronnie Baker and Rowan Atkinson, pretty much the Stephen Chows of Britain. Their shows r simply brilliant, but its takes a deeper knowledge in both the language and their culture to understand their shows.

Porridge, Two Ronnies, Blackadder for starters, go deep if u may.
2020-07-05 01:53:34
If I was looking to join a gym, what’s the monthly fee? Do I need to pay up front? And do they have group classes like the gyms in hk?
2020-07-05 09:28:25
Driving to London for work?
Can I find parking easily ? How much is the parking cost on average (like Hong Kong at least HKD$20/hour)?
Always Traffic Jam?
Plus 10 pound congestion fee every day....

Do Manchester more friendly to driving ? parking, traffic congestion?
2020-07-05 10:38:36
When they greet you with “How are you doing”, what would be a good way to reply? I will usually just reply with “I’m doing okay” and that’s it. Would that be considered rude?
2020-07-05 12:02:23
Strong post and leave my name.
2020-07-05 16:36:57
Just want to say hi.

Thanks for giving us so many details on living in UK.

I hope I can live in UK through my BNO.

It’s a long way to learn British culture.
2020-07-05 17:41:13
Ah not much of a gym person myself, but I know something about gyms. Usually local councils (something like our old Urban Council 市政局)have leisure centres for gyms. If im not wrong they should he around £15-£20 per month, pay as you go r also available. Private gyms are also available but im not too sure abt how much they charge.
2020-07-05 17:49:45
Not too sure about parking tbh, cos i dont rly drive.
If u r outside of cities, than u can pretty much park anywhere as long as u dont block the road. Make sure u pay up if theres a pay and display (咪錶) tho, you pay for the time that u plan to park and display the receipt, usually on the windscreen.

Traffic jam is THE common problem between metropolises around the world so dont think u can rly avoid it if u r in ldn.
2020-07-05 17:53:56
They usually ask ‘you alright?’ instead of ‘how are you?’. No one ever ever ever says no im not alright in these situations, simply respond ‘yeah u?’. Its just a social convention, pretty much like the way how no like takes ‘得閒飲茶’ seriously.
2020-07-05 17:56:34
They usually identify themselves by their countries tho, like scots or welsh or irish. Pretty much only english people call themselves brits cos u know, they colonised everyone else and they r proud of the(ir) union.
2020-07-05 18:26:44
Oh that’s some great info. Kindly noted.
2020-07-05 18:42:09
what a load of poppycock
they'll just form enclaves and call it a day.
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞