Hello from Canada!

62 回覆
41 Like 1 Dislike
2019-10-17 05:29:06
I'm talking about it with my friends and family very frequently. I hope that by keeping it on their minds, I can encourage them to make decisions (very minor ones such as what purchases to make) that don't support the CCP's actions in Hong Kong.
2019-10-17 05:34:35
Hello from UK.

I am working with lots of Chinese, over 80% are really proud of their country, China is growing blah blah blah....

Even though they are living abroad, all they do are watching Chinese shows, weibo, fake news on QQ etc.

Well, some of them told me they thought Tiananmen Square protest actually happened when they were still living in China. After they moved abroad and found out it was fake. I was like

Everything is the US 's fault and told me not to be brainwashed by the US. The truth is, they are trying hard to stay there or UK.

Sorry for 1999
My English sucks
2019-10-17 05:37:09
Welcome to LIHKG!

Can you read Chinese? Is it hard for you to follow up all those stuff here?
Maybe it is time for us to write in bilingual since we have foreign fellows now
2019-10-17 05:43:54
Thank you for trying to get in touch with the local community
2019-10-17 06:14:51
Welcome, it is always our honour to have you here.

If you don’t mind, can you please identify yourself just like Chopsticks did? (Post your passport with a paper having your LIHKG username on it)

Also, where did you learn LIHKG from? Why makes you be interested in us?

Thanks for answering
2019-10-17 06:16:39
Vote Jagmeet
2019-10-17 06:18:39
Hello and welcome to LIHKG!
Do you have any idea which candidate for the next Canadian prime minister is most aligned with the Hong Kong protesters?
2019-10-17 06:26:04
It would be Green Party Elisabeth May or NDP Jagmeet Singh.
Yet they both have very slim chance to be elected. So they can take a much harder stand on China. The other two major parties are very embedded with Chinese influences.
2019-10-17 06:28:17
2019-10-17 06:29:35
Oh that’s too bad, how about between liberal and conservative?
2019-10-17 06:38:55
Hey you Torontonian !
How do you like Trudeau now that he has legalized weed in Canada?
On a more serious note, so what brought you here to LIHKG? How did you learn about the existence of this group? This is arguably the most direct source of information for insights into the HK protests from the perspective of protesters themselves (the other one being telegram). I am assuming you don't read Chinese, which is too bad because it would have given you loads of info on how the protests have evolved into what it is today. Untainted, raw info for you to judge for yourself whether everything that's happening here in HK right now is worth the attention it is getting from around the world.
2019-10-17 06:47:00
Liberals would have more local Chinese communities influences while I don’t see Conservatives would say no to money. Conservatives are very keen on Alberta’s oil export, and one of the major market is Asia. Although conservatives took a harder stand to China verbally, I don’t see it goes beyond just a lip service. So it is like picking between two poisons. However the chance of a minority /coalition government is undoubtedly high right now.
2019-10-17 06:50:42
Is there an English telegram group with protest info? I’m aware of hkstandstrong_promo_int, but is there a group with breaking news from the front lines? Thank you!
2019-10-17 06:53:24
How's life in Toronto? How would you compare Canadians with Americans in general?
2019-10-17 06:55:41
Hello, I personally do not like Trudeau that much, he is a weak leader and also gave so much tax money to migrants for them to vote on liberals.
I’m ok with legalizing cannabis, it doesn’t harm the community since the weeds are so expensive not everyone can afford it and the rules are very strict.
The situation in HK now brought so much attention in Canada, it is always broadcast on news and chinese radio stations.
I would avoid speaking anything about HK because there is too many Mainlanders in Toronto
2019-10-17 06:57:50
I am not 樓主 but I guess I can speak for some Canadian. Legalizing weeds just an icing on the cake. Weeds were far too common way before that. Except some old conservatives, Chinese, religion group screaming like the end of the world on the day of the legalization, we are chill.
2019-10-17 07:02:20
Typical Chinese mindset, their media tends to blame every problem of them on foreign countries. Citizens who hate on foreign countries are less likely to focus on or even realize the problem of the Chinese government, because to them, they're miserable not because of poor management of the government, but because of foreign influence like trade war and stuff.
2019-10-17 08:41:41
Okay, so hopefully I can answer some of your questions here.

I can't show my passport because I don't have one unfortunately. I haven't left Canada since I was a minor.

Yes, I support legalizing marijuana and I'm glad that Justin Trudeau did that. I think he did a very good job with that. I won't be supporting him in the next election though, as he broke some of his biggest promises, such as reforming the system of elections. Jagmeet Singh and Elizabeth May are both good candidates I think, but I prefer Elizabeth May. An important thing to remember is that in Canada the election of the leader and the election of the legislature is one and the same. So even if Justin Trudeau becomes Prime Minister again, it's likely that the legislature will now include more NDP and Green members. If the Liberals end up with less than half of the seats, they will have a lot less power and will need to work with the other parties.
2019-10-17 08:45:40
Hello from Sydney!
I am from Hong Kong though

Thanks for standing with us, are you looking for translated news? There you go

https://t.me/guardiansofhongkong

This channel has its own instagram, FB and website too, hope this is useful for you.

Cheers
2019-10-17 08:48:21
I should add, I think the best outcome in this election is if the Liberals win a minority, so they have to work together with the Greens and the NDP. That way the parties can keep each other in check and call each other out if one tries to suck up to China.

As for whether or not I can read Chinese, I can't read it very well. I know many of the characters because I study Japanese at university, so I can understand lots of words in a Chinese sentence, but it's still hard to follow.
2019-10-17 08:50:39
A few people asked me how I heard about LIHKG. The answer is that I didn't hear about it from a single place. I heard about it repeatedly on the news and on Reddit, mostly.

I decided to join because I wanted to hear what people in Hong Kong actually thought, so I could cut through the spin and the propaganda.
2019-10-17 11:12:40
Welcome to lihkg
What is the meaning of your lihkg id mixing with the "Canada" and "oil".
2019-10-17 11:21:15
greeting
hope u dont feel disappointed from joinning here
2019-10-17 11:26:06
Hello,
So is the Trudeau black face thingy over?
Does he have a high chance to be re-elected? What is the general view about his government?
2019-10-17 11:41:34
Chinazi is spreading to the world. We should standup and stop them immediately.
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞