“Hong Kong Declaration 2019”
A Declaration of Rights for Hongkongers
1. We swear on behalf of Hongkongers, that we take it as our duty to pursue and defend the basic rights and liberties of Hongkongers, including all freedoms, civil and political rights, and a political system that is truly for Hongkongers.
2. Hongkongers must rewrite the Hong Kong Constitution and implement a high degree of autonomy and the rule by Hongkongers, as the current social contract has already been rendered ineffective. The government of the People’s Republic of China should be prohibited from intervening in the internal affairs of Hong Kong, except for national defense and diplomatic affairs, as codified.
3. The Executive and Legislative institutions are corrupt. The lackeys to the authority have been assisting and abetting the People’s Republic of China and its designated organizations to intervene in Hong Kong’s economic and political affairs, which is in direct violation to the Basic Law. The aforesaid lackeys and related parties cannot represent Hongkonger and should resign immediately.
4. To abolish all laws and legislation that infringe upon basic human rights by amending the Basic Law and Ordinances of Hong Kong, including the abolishment of Article 23 of the Basic Law. The Hong Kong Government should also defend its authority by legislating into law the restrictions imposed by Article 22 of the Basic Law.
5. Enact political reforms to protect the interests and rights of Hongkongers and to place only the interests and rights of Hongkongers as the main objective of all policies.
6. Therefore, the Hong Kong Government should immediately reactivate political reforms to implement universal suffrage for the Chief Executive and the whole of the Legislative Council in order to achieve genuine democracy.
7. The Hong Kong Government must immediately release all detained protesters and political prisoners without condition, including but not limited to those arrested during the Umbrella Movement, Fishball Revolution, Anti-Extradition Law Protests. The Government must guarantee that it would not persecute them in the future.
8. The Hong Kong Government must appoint an independent committee to inquire into the excessive use of force by the Police on protestors against the extradition bill. The Chief Commissioner of Police must step down for his incompetence. The Hong Kong Police must make a formal apology to Hongkongers.
9. We are forever in debt to the heroes whose blood has been shed for the future of Hong Kong. We request for the establishment of a remembrance day on the Second of July in memory of Hong Kong’s bloody June and July.
Regarding the recent incidents of civil disobience, we the people who love Hong Kong shall support the movement till the end of time
On behalf of all HKers, we shall never cease pursuing universal values and rule of law
HKers can no longer stand the injustice that is our government. We shall raise our shields and arms to overthrow the puppet Legislative Council and the Government
The lack of a democratic election is the root of all evils. Unless universal suffrage and a just election system are in place, we shall never stand down.
Principal officials shall show accountability and step down.
Gov't must release all detainees and underwrite that they shall never pursue prosecution
Gov't must investigate police brutality and apologize
The recent movements shall be known as democratic movements instead of riots.
6th of June shall forever go down in history and become an official holiday
We shall never forget June of 2019