"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."
“Hong Kong Declaration 2019”
A Declaration of Rights for Hongkongers
1. We swear on behalf of Hongkongers, that we take it as our duty to pursue and defend the basic rights and liberties of Hongkongers, including all freedoms, civil and political rights, and a political system that is truly for Hongkongers.
2. Hongkongers must rewrite the Hong Kong Constitution and implement a high degree of autonomy and the rule by Hongkongers, as the current social contract has already been rendered ineffective. The government of the People’s Republic of China should be prohibited from intervening in the internal affairs of Hong Kong, except for national defense and diplomatic affairs, as codified.
3. The Executive and Legislative institutions are corrupt. The lackeys to the authority have been assisting and abetting the People’s Republic of China and its designated organizations to intervene in Hong Kong’s economic and political affairs, which is in direct violation to the Basic Law. The aforesaid lackeys and related parties cannot represent Hongkonger and should resign immediately.
4. To abolish all laws and legislation that infringe upon basic human rights by amending the Basic Law and Ordinances of Hong Kong, including the abolishment of Article 23 of the Basic Law. The Hong Kong Government should also defend its authority by legislating into law the restrictions imposed by Article 22 of the Basic Law.
5. Enact political reforms to protect the interests and rights of Hongkongers and to place only the interests and rights of Hongkongers as the main objective of all policies.
6. Therefore, the Hong Kong Government should immediately reactivate political reforms to implement universal suffrage for the Chief Executive and the whole of the Legislative Council in order to achieve genuine democracy.