23 回覆
4 Like 1 Dislike
2024-03-15 11:50:20
連登居然無英文故,咁啱我係Penana第一次寫小説,連載緊,不定期更新,結局都唸好,預期應該20期之内完,頂多7000字,有興趣可以入黎睇。

P.S. 我算刀片流作者,心理素質差可能結局頂唔順,仲有grammar肯定大錯特錯

Penana: https://www.penana.com/story/150081/just-let-me-stubborn-for-once/
2024-03-15 11:54:01
#1 Minna's Dream

The classroom door flunged wide open, "Hey!"yelled Minna, rushing towards Dara's table.

"Have you seen the movie 'Barbie'?, Margot Robbie is so pretty in it!"

"Where did you even watch from?"

"It is on Prime Video, come on you got to see it."

"Is the movie good? I don't really watch movies because the actress is pretty."

"Yeah it's pretty good, but she is definitely the star of the show. She is also so popular in real life too, I wish I could be like her one day-"

Teacher walks in and said "I am very much interested in what you guys want to become in the future, but Ms Minna, if you don't mind, I am afraid the recess bell is about to ring, so I think it is time for you to return to your classroom."

Minna blushed while classmates snickered, as she walks away,

"Just watch the film, I'll catch you up later, ok?"

Teacher walked to close the door and said with a smile,

"Unluckily, I am not teaching about movies today, if not it would be a delight to have Minna here."

Classmates burst out laughing.

"Today, we are going to talk about the product rule-"

As the class starts, Dara sinks into his daydream.
2024-03-15 11:54:29
#2 Training in Hell

630pm, Dara left home for training.

645pm, Dara got on train.

745pm, Dara got to the sport ground.

8pm, Training starts with a warm-up.

After warm-up, coach group all up and said, "You three run as a group, today we run 2 minute quick, jog 1 minute repeat for 8 times."

Dara got into a group with his running team captain and a kid from another school.

When Dara run fast, he always wants to distract himself from the tiredness of his legs by daydreaming, yet his mind can't drift away no matter how he try. He is forced to think about the footstrikes, tiredness from his calf and it's not only his body telling him to stop, his mind is also telling him that he is tired and he should give up.

"Stop" said captain.

This is the time Dara looks forward the most, the 1 minute of rest between workouts, when he could think about other things, he thought,

"Minna said she wanted to be an actress, what is my dream?"

"This workout is tough, why am I running here? In fact, why do I even run?"

When Dara leave the sports ground, it is already 1020pm and the only though on Dara's mind is to get on train to go back home.

On the train seat, he can see only his reflection and the dark tunnel through the windows. Suddenly, light shines in and he can see "Tseung Kwan O" on the pillars of the station.

"Only 1 more station before I got to change train line, just have-", he thought.

When he woke up, he found out he had slept through the station that he needed to get off at.

He quickly get off the train and get on the train going opposite way with the only thing on his mind is to get back to home as quick as possible.

When he get back to home, it was already 1145pm. As he got into the shower, he thought, "What a long day."
2024-03-15 11:54:58
#3 K-POP FEVER

It is recess time and Dara find Minna leaning on the railing outside of his classroom.

"Hey.", said Dara.

"Did you watch it?"

"No, I just found out I don't have Prime Video, I only got Netflix."

"Oh, I wanted-"

A group of girls walk past them and one of them says, "Hey Minna! Who is your favourite K-pop male idol?"

"I don't really-"

The other girls interrupted her, "Have you got the tickets yet? It is a rare occasion that they comes to Hong Kong."

"Of course I got it, I also got their newest CD, I am gonna show you that later."

Minna's friend says, "I was just messing with you, see you later, bye!" And the girls walk away giggling.

Minna said, "What was I talking about just now? Can't really remember. Oh, the sports day is coming up tomorrow, are you competing?"

"Yeah, I am in the 3000m race, you in any of them races? It's a high time to practice sports."

"Nah, sports ain't my specialty, anyways, see you tomorrow!", Minna smiled.
2024-03-15 11:55:40
#4 MELTDOWN

As Dara is doing his warm-up before his race, a feeling of nervousness always encompass him. He remembers that his coach once said that this nervousness is going to go away after enough races, yet this never happens to him. He especially hates it when the races is split into 2 groups, 1 start first and the other start after the first finish, this makes the feeling stays even longer.

On the starting line, Dara is ready. 

"Get, set"

"Toot!" The sound of airhorn could be heard by everyone in the sport ground.

Dara starts running, for this race, his aim is to break his school's record 10 minute 2 seconds, he knows he need to run 3 minute 20 seconds per kilometer. 

For the first 2 kilometers it was all fine, but on the last kilometer, Dara is tired and eventually, he starts slowing down.

After being the first running through the finish line, Dara walk across the railing on the floor to leave the tracks. He kneel down in heavy breathing and raised his head to see the timer. '10:30' he knows that he failed again. He sit down and suddenly he notice Minna is next to him.

"I got you some energy drink!"

"Oh thanks- I will drink- it after I am- not catching my breath." Dara smiled.

"I think it is time for me to go back to the- Oh! I think my legs just gave up on me, looks like I am not going anywhere" Dara smirked. "You said you have a dream right? I was thinking about what you said the other day, I don't have one, how do you come to have it?"

"What is your dream job when you are in primary school?"

"I wanted to be an astronaut then, but now that I think of it, it is kind of silly."

"Why so?"

"Being an astronaut come with a lot of risk, maybe my rocket blow up mid air."

"My own dream also changed since I was in primary school. It is just who you want to be, but of course it is best that what you want to be is also what you excel at, so that you can actually make a living off of it."

"But how do you know what you are good at?"

"Sometimes you just have to trust yourself to know yourself well, it is a bit of a gamble, maybe you misjudge your strengths and you figure you are not good at what you do when you are 40, but life is full of risks anyway. You got anything that you think you are good at? Running?"

"I might be able to win on sports day, but in the inter-school races, I usually rank second to last or last." Dara put up a wry grin. "I don't know what my strengths are right now."

"Well I promise I am gonna help you find it, but when you find it-" Minna holding his hand, fold into a fist, "hold it tight and don't let go."

Dara quickly pulled his hand away, yet he feel strange with a feeling of warmth going through him.

Trying to break the silence, Minna said, "You free later? Want to go to the mall?"

Dara, feeling a bit apologetic, said yes to her request.
2024-03-16 23:45:31
#5 Talk Too Much

Walking past clothing shops, Dara stops, looking at a display piece and start ranting, "I could never understand these shops, the price of this is unattainable for most and being shown out here as the best, but is it? It might have higher thread count, but does these measurement even mean higher quality? I don't think so, I don't believe in objectively better clothes by comparing just thread counts."

"Don't think so much, or you are gonna kill your brain cells!" Minna smiled.

"I don't get why people go to malls not with the intent of buying anything. At this day and age, we could easily have most info on what we want to buy. Take smartphone as an example, you don't need to leave your home to know its performance. It might make some sense if you want to feel it in hand, but otherwise I don't see much purpose in doing so."

"For me, it is a social activity where I could hang out with my friends, buying is not really the aim. If you don't do these activities, don't you feel lonely?"

"I guess I am adapted to it."

Dara glanced a Toys R Us store and said, "Let's go in and see!"

When they walked in, a cage full of giraffe toys is at the middle of the aisle. When Dara sees it, his eyes lighten up with excitement.

"You need a hug, milady?"said Dara as he stuffed the giraffe toy into Minna's face.

"Stop it!"Minna laughed.

Minna quickly snatch a hand grabber, pinch Dara's nose and said, "Bad boy!"

"Oh! There is a display remote toy car, let me show you my driving skills." Dara grabbed the remote control off the table.

"You keep hitting the wall!" Minna laughed at Dara's poor driving.

"This is embarrassing." Dara blushed as he put the remote control back onto the table.

"Let me try-" Minna touched Dara's hand as she tried to take the remote control. "Your hands are cold."

"Yeah, I don't know why, but my hands are like this usually."

Minna wrapped both her hands around Dara's hand to warm it up and Dara could feel his heart beat faster. The hole of loneliness in his heart is filled up and he decided not to run away this time.

"Do you want to go to my home to watch Netflix?" Dara mustered up all his strength to put these words out of his mouth.

"Sure, why not?"
2024-03-19 07:34:36
#6 My Happy Ending

Sound of key turning in the distance. As the door opened, Ligaya said, "Hey Dara, I got you something to eat- Oh! You brought guest!"

"Minna, this is Ligaya, they call her domestic helper here, but she is more like a nanny. She is old like a grandma, just treat her like she my grandma."

Ligaya said, "Don't you know age is a woman's secret, this kid is really not having any respect for his elders. Minna come in, you wanna try some of this? This is food from my hometown, Dara is not gonna have this as punishment!"

Minna smiled, "Sure!"

Minna and Ligaya sit down start talking while Dara getting the TV ready.

"You know he only look tough outside, but inside he is a soft and kind kid."

"Yeah I know."

"Oh, so you guys are there already? You know he used to be so much kinder to me when he was small, but he also wet the bed a lot."

Minna laughed and Dara interrupted, "You are making a bad impression for me!"

"Excuse a old woman, but I am going to be in my room if you need help."

As Ligaya walked to her room, Dara asked, "I wanted to watch this film called 'Weathering With You' for a while, people say a lot of good things about it and it is written directed by the same director of 'Your Name'."

"Oh I like anime movies, there are a lot of good ones out there, I haven't seen this one too, let's watch it!"

After watching it, Dara said what his thoughts on it, "I think the ending is bad, the whole film was foreshadowing that changing weather have bad consequences, you tell me that hodaka can get Hina back without much consequences? Also, Keisuke said he would trade Hina for better weather? That is crazy, Tokyo being flooded at most will only provide inconvenience to most, maybe impacting disabled people, but it is not like they can't use boats or helicopters, you tell me he is ready to commit human sacrifice? I am not gonna let my girl go out like that!"

"Maybe, but personally I like happy endings more, it might just be us wishing it would happen in real life too."

"I rather have a suitable ending that makes sense whether it is happy or sad. Speaking about happy endings, do you listen music often?"

"Some Cantopop or K-pop."

"I prefer English songs more, one of my favourites is this song called 'My Happy Ending' by Avril Lavigne, I can show you on my computer." Dara start his computer and start streaming music, "I like both this album 'Under My Skin' and her first album 'Let Go', let's listen to this first." As they are listening, Dara tried to break the silence, "I am always curious as to how girls braid their hair, given I had never had long hair myself."

"Oh, first you split hair into three groups, the right one cross to the left side of the center, which now become center of the three groups, the left cross to the right of the center and repeat." Minna take down her ponytail, "You wanna try?"

Under the music, Dara gently braid her hair, "Done, I am not sure if I do it good enough though."

Through mirror, Minna could see her hair, "Pretty good for your first time." Seeing the clock on table, "It is time for me to go, let me give you my number, so you can message me when you want." She scribbled down her number on a piece of paper. "Thank for inviting me to watch film, I enjoyed it, also I like this side of you more." Minna smiled.

Dara's face turned bright red and froze there watching Minna leave.

"She your girlfriend?"

"No, you misunderstood."

Ligaya laughed and grabbed Dara's head, "You know the walls are thin here, don't lie to me boy! That said, not much people can tolerate your antics, looks like maybe I will still be alive when you have kids."

Dara's face glowed bright red again.
2024-03-19 18:42:18
#7 Nobody's Home

At home while watching TV with her parents, Minna said to her mom, "I want to be an actress some day."

Her dad said, "Be realistic, how much you weigh? Last time I remember, it is almost 70 kilos? I am telling you kid, it is not possible, why not focus on your study? You are getting good grades and this path is easier."

Her mom stared and interrupted him, "Don't listen to him, you could be anything you want to be, I know you have that talent in you. Besides, you got my genes, you are pretty! So just do what you want!"

Her dad commented, "You know raising a kid is not cheap and I don't think I have much money left after you grow up-" He could feel the immense stare from his wife.

In her room, Minna received a text from Dara, asking her out on Valentine's day.
2024-03-20 09:51:38
#8 Never Be Alone

Leaning against a wall waiting in Austin station, Dara scrolls through his phone anxiously, while keep looking at the time.

Suddenly, he could feel someone tapping his shoulder, he turned to see Minna.

Minna braided her hair in a twisted crown braid style, while wearing arabian jasmine on her hair.

"You look .... beautiful."

"Do I not look beautiful other days?" Minna smiled.

"Um, I mean-"

"I was just messing with you." Minna laughed. "So, where we going?"

"Highest place in Hong Kong, where you belong because you fell from the heaven!"

In Sky 100 Observation deck, both of them stand close to the glass windows.

Dara pointed, "You see that? It is The Peak!"

"Where?"

"On the right side of IFC, in the mountains."

"I think I see it now, have you been to there?"

“I remember once? But I dont think I got to there by tram which sounds pretty cool nor had I entered the Madame Tussauds at The Peak, maybe we can go to there one day."

Leaving Sky 100 back to Elements, Dara said, "You down for ice skating?"

"Oh! I haven't done it for years, let's see if I am rusty or not!"

"Great! I have no experience, you could teach me." Dara laughed.

After buying gloves and borrowing ice skates, Minna hold Dara's hand and tell him, "Just try to walk."

Dara quickly fell and he grabbed Minna in panic too, both of them fell on the ground and laughed.

"First thing first, don't grab me when you fall! Second, you need to walk with you weight forward in you body, not walking with you heels."

Having experience with running, knowing the difference between midfoot and heel strike, Dara starts to understand.

After falling a few more times, Dara managed to walk on ice finally.

"Now you need to imagine yourself running, but do the action slow, try to glide on ice."

While Dara practicing on the side, Minna keep zooming around the rink in circles.

Dara got annoyed and tried to keep up, yet it ended up with him falling even more. Eventually, he is able to skate, just not as fast.

A few hours past and the sun just set, they left Elements and walk towards Tsim Sha Tsui along the seaside.

At Harbour City entrance/bus stop, they could hear someone singing. They stand in the crowd listening to the singer perform 'Never Be Alone' by Dear Jane.

Whether it is the tiredness or the song's influence, Dara could feel a burning passion. He leans his head close against Minna's head, slowly inching towards her lips. At this moment, time felt slower than usual for Dara, as his heart beats frantically.

"Boom!" Explosion of fireworks startled the couple.

Above them different colored and shapes of fireworks are being released, everyone are absorbed by the spectacle.

Dara said, "Oh! I forgot, I got this for you." He pulled a mood ring out of his pocket, "Let's see if this fit you." Minna put out her right hand, and Dara placed it on her ring finger.

"It just fits! I will be waiting for you to put on the ring on my other hand too!" Minna blushed. "I also have a gift for you, it is a watch, it might help you in your running journey."

As the last firework explode in the skies, it is also time for departure.
2024-03-20 13:07:55
About bloody time we have some English stories on here!

Upvote first, read later.
2024-03-20 19:35:03
#9 HKSSF D1

Warming up at Wan Chai Sports Ground, being the sole representative for 3000m, Dara thought he would be more nervous from previous experience. Yet, he is calm this time, perhaps it is because he has an aim this time -- to impress Minna.

Dara surprisingly didn't feel nervous even on starting line, where it was a nerve wrecking experience for hin in the past.

Lap by lap Dara inches closer to the end, but on the last 400m, he could feel that his body is starting to give up on him and he keeps retching. On finish line he couldn't hold up anymore, fall on the ground start vomiting.

Minna saw this from the stand and immediately rush towards him.

"You okay?" Minna said worriedly.

Dara made a sign to let her know he is fine.

At lunch time, they walked to a near Yoshinoya.

"I am paying today to repay what you spend for me last time on Valentine's day, just pick what you want to eat!"

They ordered two big bowl of rice with beef, one of them with an onsen egg. Minna got a small bowl and only ate the bowl full of food while Dara is eating the rest.

"Your not- hungry? You only- ate very little." Dara talking with mouth full of food.

"Yeah, I am good. You eating a lot! Enough to cover for what you vomitted at the track?" Minna smiled.

"Yurh- Thank you for payin- for the fud though-"

"Slow down chump, no wonder you throw up with you eating so quick!"

The shop is filled with people talking and laughter.
2024-03-20 20:34:12
#10 A Whisker Away

3 months passed, and it is June now. Minna had been on a diet in this period of time and she now is on a scale to check her progress.

'65'

"It only dropped from 68 to 65 after all this time, so annoying!"

At dinner, her mother finally picked up that Minna had been eating less than usual.

After dinner, Minna's mom talk to Minna in her room, "You are not eating much lately, why? Because you want to be prettier for your boyfriend?"

"How do you know-" Minna looked surprised as she had not tell her mom about Dara.

"I could see it all on your face, when you receive notifications on your phone, your face lightens up, I used to be young too you know." Her mom says gently.

Minna had so much that she wanted to say at this moment, yet she hold it back at last. She believes that there is a gap between her mom and her and that she won't understand her.

"Just know you could talk to me anytime." Her mom left, not wanting to pressure Minna as she sees her not talking.
2024-03-20 22:43:20
#11 Complicated

After another tiring training section, Dara and his teammates sit down doing stretches and cooldown excercises.

"Hey Dara, what kind of girl you like, big boobs or big booty?"

"Hey what kind of question is that! You know he got a girlfriend right?"

"Minna? She is pretty, but she got no breast nor butt and her waist almost same size as her chest."

"Hey, have some respect for others!" Dara yelled.

"So what your type is then?"

"Me? I guess big breast and big booty won't do no harm." Dara blushed.

"Haha, I knew it."

Minna came up from nowhere, "What are you guys talking about?"

"We were just talking about training and stuff."

"Cool! I will be waiting for you!"

As Minna walks away to sit on the stands, they pick their conversation back up.

"Ohhhh, his girlfriend comes to pick him up."

"We shouldn't stall him, gotta let them have some private moment you know."

Dara gave them the side eye and walk to the stands to grab his backpack. "Let's go." He said to Minna.

Outside of the track, on their way to the bus stop, Dara said, "They are real nosey."

"You don't have to mind too much what others say. Anyway, what are your plans for the summer holiday?"

"I guess I will find a summer job."

"You saving for anything? Or just to support your family?"

"Nah, my family don't have financial problems, I am thinking about saving for maybe a headphone, so I can listen to more music on my way to school?"

"You only got two hobbies? Running and listening to music?"

"Yeah- Oh! my bus is here, see you next time!"

The conversation ends as Dara gets onboard of a departing bus.
2024-03-21 07:32:00
#12 You and Me

Sound of door bell rang in Dara's house. Dara is in his room listening song, didn't notice it, so Ligaya walked to open the door.

"Oh Minna! It is pleasant to see you again. I knew you would be coming again, so I got you some dried mango this time, wanna try?"

"Thank you, I am here looking for Dara, he here?"

"Yeah, he locked himself up listening music all day, I am sure you could get him to be productive."

Knocking on Dara's door, a sound from inside said, "I am busy right now, if it ain't anything emergency, just find me later please."

"It is me, or you are too busy for me too?"

Recognizing Minna's voice, Dara rushed to open the door, "How come you are here? You didn't tell me on phone?"

"A little bit of surprise won't hurt no one. So, the other day you were talking about saving up for a headphone?"

"Oh yeah... You want to know more? I am afraid that the technical details might bore you out."

"Don't worry, I am all ears."

"Okay, so the headphone that I want is called Dan Clark Audio E3 and its frequency response graph closely matches Harman Target Curve, which is based on research to be what most people prefer. You could imagine it as how strong the bass is, how prevalent the singer's voice is and how loud the trebles are. Even if these are not what you want, you can tune it because it has low distortion, which means you can tune the frequency response without much penalties unlike other headphones..."

Dara keeps talking, Minna's eyes start losing its sparkle as she is in deep thoughts.

"Maybe you should pursue a career in Engineering, it would get you close to audio industry and you might be able to design audio gears."

"Yeah, that is something I am considering-"

Suddenly, Minna interrupted, "Do you think I am fat?"

In her mind, flashbacks of her father's mean comments, Dara's teammates opinion of her comes up. She could not hold it in any more and starts crying.

Dara was stunned at first, but then he wrapped his arm around Minna's head, hugging her close to his abdomen, comforting her, "I don't mind much, everyone comes in different shapes and sizes, you are not as bone skinny as others, but that doesn't mean you are not healthy.

In my opinion, everyone is different and healthiness is the most important thing, 1 kg less from 60 kilos to 59 kilos won't have the same health impact for everyone and there is a sweet spot for everyone to be healthy.

For me, the most important thing is you being healthy, because I don't want to lose you, you are the most important thing to me." Dara said gently.

His computer finished playing the last song and starts playing 'You and Me' by Dear Jane.

Minna pushed his arms away, raise her head up looking at Dara with tears rolling in her eyes and said "I LOVE YOU!"

Dara sees her eyes shining like gemstones and his heart of stone finally breaks down, tears rolling out of his eyes.

Minna thrust forward and kissed Dara on tha lips as tears rolling down their faces.

As they pull away, they both starts smiling and crying at the same time, not knowing what kind of emotion they are having, happy or sad.

After talking for a bit longer, Minna being tired from the emotional outburst, slept on Dara's bed. Rays of sunlight shine through the curtains onto Minna's face and she turned her body away from the sunlight.

Looking at her, Dara thinks she is the cutest person in the world right now and that he is perhaps the luckiest person on planet Earth. He closed the curtains and pull the blanket for her.

Waiting for the whole afternoon and seeing no signs of Minna waking up, Dara is about to sleep himself after shower, he tells Ligaya, "I am going to sleep on the floor tonight, can you get me a spare pillow and blanket?"

"I am telling you, these wooden floors are not comfortable and they cold as hell." said Ligaya as she grabbed him a spare pillow and blanket. "You better wrap yourself in it, or you won't be able to sleep from that cold floor."
2024-03-21 07:32:22
After turning off the light, Dara sleeps on the floor, being wrapped in blankets like a sausage.
2024-03-21 20:08:05
#13 Just Let Me Stubborn For Once

Opening his eyes, he could see Minna with wet hair wearing his old clothes.

"Finally awake, my sleeping beauty." Minna said.

Sitting up rubbing his eyes, Dara asked, "Your parents don't worry about you?"

Minna opening the curtains, "Yeah, they do, I had to do some apologizing for that, but they do know that I am at a friend's place already."

As Dara is brushing his teeth and Minna drying her hair, "I have something to tell you later."

Out from toilet, Dara is sitting on his chair, on the opposite side sit Minna on his bed.

"Can you promise me something before I tell you?"

"Yeah?"

"That you won't get mad about whatever I say."

"Why would I- Sure."

"I was asking about what you saving up for the other day? I am saving up for a cosmetic surgery to slim my waist."

"What? I am happy with you, everything you have!"

"I know, but others don't think so."

"You said yourself that we shouldn't take others words too seriously!"

"I lied, I care too much what others think of me... When you said you like curvy girls, are you saying the truth?"

"Where- No! It is just a joke!" Dara surprised at first, but realized she must had overheard the others talking back at the training session.

"I just- I just think that it is not worth it, you know the risk? You could be an actress by other means, I believe in you!"

Minna smiled bitterly, "Thank you, but we only have one shot at this, I don't want to miss any chances. Just let me stubborn for once, okay?"

Dara sighed after knowing there is no way of convincing her anymore, "You got enough money for that?"

"I will save up enough, I believe."

"I will give my money from my summer job to you too, good luck."

"Thank for the offer, but I can't take it, I think it is time for me to go to work, see you next time!"

Minna stand up and start walking away with her back facing Dara, he shouted, "Do you know why I love you?" Minna stops in her tracks.

"You remind me of rest between workouts! You let me breath in this frantic world."

Minna turned and smiled, "I will take it as a compliment, is running really the only thing on your mind?"

"We can do this together! You don't need to bear all of this alone!"

Minna turned around to walk away, Dara thought his speech failed, yet unbeknownst to him, tears are in Minna's eyes.
2024-03-22 13:45:45
#14 Summertime Sadness

Summer is about to end, Dara and Minna kept in contact despite their busy schedule, Dara had not mentioned the issue again and now he invited Minna to Ho Man Tin East Service Reservoir Playground.

"Hi! This place is quite big, quite hard to find you."

Sitting on the bench, Dara said seriously, "I just want a secluded place. I did some research on the kind of cosmetic surgery that you wanted to do and you won't have enough budget, I can help you."

Minna sits down on the bench too, "I just can't take it."

"You said that we only have one shot in our life, don't you?"

"Yeah...."

"Then take this." Dara handed her a check. "And just pay me back later okay?"

"I- Thank you."

Minna wraps her arms around Dara's neck and hug him.

"Just remember to pay me back." Dara said jokingly.

"I am already indebted to you, you remember what you said back at your home? That I let you breath in this busy world? You are the only one that understands me in this world too."

They walked down the staircases and Dara part with Minna at the MTR station. "See you next time, pretty girl!"
2024-03-22 22:35:56
#15 Fall To Pieces

Minna: I am going to do the surgery in South Korea, it is cheaper there.

Dara: Can I go with you?

Minna: I don't have enough budget for both of us.

Dara: Your parents know?

Minna: Nah, I have people to cover for me.

======================================

Author here (≧ω≦)/, just in case you don't know, I am going to explain a bit about the cosmetic surgery that Minna wants.

It is called surgical fat transfer, it works by sucking out fat from waist or thigh and use it to increase the size of breast, bottom or both!

Surgical fat transfer for increasing volume of bottom is called Brazilian Butt Lift(BBL) and it has THE highest death rate because the injected fat might block blood vessel in the lungs. Back to the storyヾ( ̄▽ ̄)Bye~Bye~

======================================

Waving at Minna as she walked into departure, Dara knows that the day had come and he is afraid that things might go out of hand. Coldness and fear go through his body as he commute back to his home.

Minna: I have landed.

Dara: Nice.

At night, he couldn't sleep, rolling in his bed, waiting for a text from Minna to show up on his phone.

After a few sleepness nights, Dara looked more exhausted than ever and he finally got the notification he wanted.

Minna: The surgery is a success! I will be back in Hong Kong in days!

Dara: Great!

A stone in Dara's heart is finally lifted away and he fell into deep sleep.

Now, it is just waiting time to pass before she arrive in Hong Kong.

Minna: I am onboard now, can't text, see you in Hong Kong!

In airport, Dara waited. He sees the flight has landed. 6 hours he waited, but he could not see Minna! He ask the airport employees and they tell him that the plane has landed, yet she is nowhere to be find! He sends messages to her, but there is no reply.

Different scenarios run through his mind, did she left the plane after she boarded it? Is her phone out of power and she missed him? No way! She could charge up her phone in airport if that is the case...

He is confused, but he knows that waiting here any longer won't bear fruit.

Back at his home, he fell asleep from exhaustion.
2024-03-22 22:36:33
#16 Sleeping Beauty

"Wake up!" Ligaya shakes Dara's arm vigorously.

"Wha...."

"I am not joking! Wake up now!"

Dara opened his eyes and Ligaya's serious face is what he sees.

"Come watch the news, now!"

"You don't wake me up just to watch the news right?"

Dara sits down on the couch to watch the news. On the TV screen the news is reporting an accident.

"A teenage female named Minna had medical complications onboard of flight CXXXX, she is currently hospitalized."

Dara is shocked and he recognizes on screen where the ambulance is arriving at.

"That is Queen Elizabeth Hospital!"

He swing the door open and start running towards the elevator.

"Catch!" Ligaya throw his wallet to him.

As Dara enters the elevator, Ligaya sighed, "This is gonna be tough for him."

Outside, Dara ran as quick as he could, his mind goes blank, but unlike him in training, he does not feel the tiredness of his leg. He could not hear much of what is happening around him, he keeps running until he sees a taxi and he waves to the driver.

Luckily, the taxi stopped and he quickly jump in and tell the taxi driver to drive to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Arriving at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Dara quickly grabbed some money, stuff it to the driver and ran towards the entrance.

"I am here to visit Minna, I am her boyfriend." Dara said to the receptionist.

"Sorry, we don't accept visits for her right now, she is in the intensive care unit.

"Minna's boyfriend? I have never heard of you." Minna's father said.

Dara turned to see Minna's parents are there.

"I am Dara, Minna's boyfriend, I doesn't know she did not tell you."

"If I find out you have any connection to how she is right now, you are a dead man!"

Yes, it is his fault, Dara thought. If only he had stop her when she said that she wanted cosmetic surgery back at his house. His heart sank even deeper.

"Stop it! You don't even put in the effort to know what is happening in her life!" said Minna's mother.

"Oh, so you know everything now?"

As they are bickering, a doctor came.

"Your daughter's condition is stabilized, we managed to clear her from immediate risk of death."

"What happened to her?"

"Blood clots developed and they clogged her blood vessel in her lungs, so she was suffocating. We managed to clear the clots, but she currently is in a coma." He continued to say, "You can visit her now."

In the elevator, the 3 people didn't speak a word.

When they entered the hospital ward, Minna's father left the room immediately seeing Minna, her mother covered her face with her palm crying and Dara walked close to Minna.

Dara couldn't hold himself to stand anymore, collapsed kneeling down. He leans his head against her hand with tears running from his eyes directly to her hand. Holding her hand with both his hands and rubbing her fingers, he just wants her to come back to life.
2024-03-22 22:37:14
#17 Terminal Lucidity

Minna opens her eyes to see herself in hospital gown and Dara's head on her hand.

"What happened?"

Everyone in the room is shocked to see Minna woke up.

Doctors came in quickly, even they are surprised.

"I want to take a walk with Dara." Minna said.

"You could, but you need to stay in a wheelchair." The doctor said.

"Don't go, you haven't recovered yet." said her father.

"So you think you are more knowledgeable than the doctors?" said Minna.

"I..."

Minna eventually got onto a wheelchair and Dara pushed her around Hospital ground, outside the building.

"I have so much not done in my life, my promises to you ain't fulfilled, you still haven't find your dream and we haven't been to The Peak, I don't want to die now."

"You won't, you just wake up from coma, you will recover from this, you will get better!"

"I want too... but I can feel my life slipping away from me."

Dara couldn't hold it in anymore and start crying again.

"At least you are here next to me when I die, that is all I wanted." Minna hesitated for a second, "Can we kiss for one last time?"

Dara initiated it this time, finishing what he started back at Valentine's day and they did french kiss for a few minutes. They went back to the hospital ward eventually.

Ligaya was there too, fidgeting her ring on her hand. Everyone lightens up when Minna came back into the room.

Minna said to her mum, "Thank you, you are a good parent, I am sorry I couldn't talk more with you."

Minna said to Ligaya, "You food is the best! I might just like you a bit more than Dara!"

Finally Minna said to Dara, "They took off my ring, unfortunately I can't finish my promise with you and let you place the ring on my left hand."

Ligaya said, "I don't need this anymore" As she took off her ring and hand it to Dara. Dara placed the ring on Minna's finger and she smiled before she went into sleep again.
2024-03-22 22:37:49
#18 Life is like a race

Minna's patient monitor flat-lined and Dara left the room and went into elevator with his watery eyes.

He ran as fast as he could, with uncontrollable tears, eventually, his legs gives up and his calf muscle starts cramping, yet it doesn't divert him from his pain inside.

Some people say life is like a race, everyone are racing against time, Dara runs faster than others, but he can't stop time from catching up to Minna.

(End)
2024-03-23 14:47:20
翻做中文版+retcon少少,有冇興趣
2024-04-04 05:18:44
使唔使我幫你
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞