How well does LIHKG represent the protesters in HK?

15 回覆
2 Like 0 Dislike
2019-12-31 11:37:01
Quick questions: very roughly how many regular users on LIHKG?

LIHKG is running the protests... protests that seem to include at least a million HKers. Do you think LIHKG represents them reasonably well?

Just having a debate on the future of democracy and LIHKG figures prominently
2019-12-31 11:45:28
I have no official data on how many LIHKG users, but i am sure LIHKG is one of the most active forum in Hong Kong and it includes local possibly ranged from high school to well educated working class.
But i am sure LIHKG is not running the protests as we dun have a single host for all massive protests in HK, this forum is just one of the many communication channels out there.
2019-12-31 11:57:52
Not really
Active user on Lihkg is often around 2000-3000 and at most around 10000
but this is indeed an much easier platform for disseminating information and discuss, and especially during the early days of protests,
but today is already a different story,
new users with the tag P can only publish one post each day while old users can publish3-4/day,
the unfair system, together with plenty of infiltration and manipulation by the Pan-dem,and CCP,as well as distorted culture within Lihkg have discouraged many people to engage and that’s why many of the protestors have switched back to use IG, FB and telegram,twitter as the major source of info and platform for discussion
2019-12-31 11:59:14
廢除功能組別 2020立會普選

手足...我哋係咪唔要2020普選啦?
https://lih.kg/1803510
2019-12-31 12:06:15
Translate:
Pan-dem are doing nothing to strive for 2020True universal suffrage for HK, but instead driving people to “invade” the functional group and play the unfair legislature election.

Pro-independence protestors are now incited by CCP to call for the slogan “HK independence, the only 1 way”
creating split among protestors, distorting protest’s nature to cut international support
2019-12-31 13:25:15
Wouldn't say LIHKG is running protests. (Some are initiated by LIHKG users if thats wym)

It's more like ppl promote upcoming protests and rallies and discuss politics here.
2019-12-31 16:26:51
From the ID numbers here you can expect something like 330K members, but some accounts may be POPO and some accounts can be used by multiple persons. the rough idea is like this I think.

BTW we are not running the protests, the whole protest platform does not have a top leader or leading entity. Everyone here are acting one their free will, and do what they think right. There is no representation, not until the governments and CCP are sincere enough to stop their wrong doings and try to negotiate on good faith.

This is why we are able to perform on so many fronts, and the CCP cannot catch and torture the leading members to try to stop the movement without any negotiation.
2019-12-31 16:44:21

!最後今日!

德國聯署
仲差2萬幾人!
(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)
https://lih.kg/1804609

https://epetitionen.bundestag.de/petitionen/_2019/_09/_01/Petition_98731.html
幫推! 置頂pls
2020-01-01 02:03:15
Thank you for the answers.
Just to clarify, by "running the protests" I meant it's the place where people get together to decide what to do next. And, I was curious if enough people got together to be representative of the protesters as a whole. But, it sounds like LIHKG is not doing so well right now. At this point, I'm hoping I'm wrong about the importance of it as a platform.

There have been, and are, a lot of protests around the world. The HK protests are fundamentally different. A normal protest is like the one in Iraq, a big news story, then nothing. Same for Iran, Catalonia, the Extinction Rebellion, etc.. Even if they're still going on, they just don't make the international news. HK makes the news, near every day, month after month. That is not normal.

I think the reason why is that the HK protesters are able to quickly change strategies, to do new things in new ways, and always giving the news that new story to run. The ideas and decisions as to what strategy to go with have been brilliant. For example, the protests in support of Xinjiang... who thought of that, how did everyone agree to it, and how did the message get out so quickly?

Anarchist philosophy, the idea of a political system that has no leaders, has been around for a long time. But, it's never worked well enough to compete against established leaders. The HK protesters are running a leaderless system (for good reason) and they are, in fact, doing it in competition with the CCP. This is significant; it could change the world.

My understanding is that you were using LIHKG as the primary decision-making platform. That it is being subverted now is not surprising. If I'm wrong then it will make little difference. If I'm right and the HK protesters don't replace it with a more robust system, then I expect they'll lose the ability to quickly decide on new strategies and they will fall out of the news cycle. That would allow the CCP to grind down the protests and win.

So, am I right? Are you going to replace LIHKG? There are existing block-chain enabled direct democracy voting systems out there. Adopting one of those and modifying it with elements of the LIHKG voting/posting system seems like a way forward. After the system is in place, you just have to verify membership. Your carding system (my term) where you have posters upload photos of their handwritten username attached to some representative thing (passport, student card, street sign, etc..) is a brilliant solution. With that, you could easily create channels/boards that restrict membership to actual protesters.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, or that the protesters do something to move forward. The protests have come so far, and for so long, I'd hate to see them fall apart now.
2020-01-02 01:05:44
You may have noticed, LIHKG has been swarmed by various political fractions, including CCP and POPO and anti-democrates and quasi-democrates, so the voices are now more dispersed and you can easily spot conflicts. These fractions dont want democrates to be successful and use social engineering to disperse the movement. This cannot be avoided.

So as you have asked, what would be the driving force?? You use anarchist society as an example. This may be the structure as we see now, but I guess there is a strong driving force within -- The strong polarization due to CCP and POPO, and the trashy HKG Gov. Theoretically, anachist seems so unorganized to run. However, the polarization we faced gives HKGers very strong orientation, and this makes the organization become quite automatic.

Replacing LIHKG? I think the technology is not very important. CCP has many resources to takeover us.
New membership system? It may work for sometime, but in the long run it is self-defeating since it destroy the eco-system.
There may not be a one-stop good solution.

I think what LIHKG has demonstrated is that -- the wide spread battlefronts we keep on creating are what enabling this movement, so that the CCP and POPO are innovation-challenged to counter them on every fronts.
2020-01-02 01:09:00
LIHKG is now infiltrated by CCP and pro-government users. So i guess just believe 60% of the content at most.
2020-01-02 10:01:52
The question is a little bit difficult to answer since LIHKG has been filling many 50 cents or people who are “blue ribbon” or “fake neutral” here. But still, I would say LIHKG is a convenient platform to spread news and share thoughts. I believe there are some bro and sis are serious here but not messing around.
2020-01-02 10:05:02
I love the ”World” session here. From my perspective, the comment answered in English in LIHKG are always in high-quality as people who can speak proper English are usually well-educated. But this only applicable to LIHKG.
2020-01-02 10:06:01
another 4chan
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞