[Reddit, Twitter, 海外文宣JJ入] 《這是一個吃孩子的政權》英文版

90 回覆
37 Like 0 Dislike
2019-07-04 00:54:57
小弟尋日將前線記者 Ching Kris 嘅文章分享到 ptt 後,有好心網友聯絡我(唔肯定佢係台灣定香港人),佢地將呢篇文譯左做英文,希望可以借連登嘅力量推出海外,令外國輿論企返喺香港人呢邊。
同我share 出去!!!

Ching Kris Facebook 原文:https://www.facebook.com/ching.kris/posts/10156435631866680

英文翻譯版:

This Is A Regime That Feeds On Children [HK Extradition In Translation]

Written by Ching Kris
Translated from https://www.facebook.com/ching.kris/posts/10156435631866680 (without permission…)

The following is the account of a reporter who went inside the Hong Kong Legislative Council during the occupation on 7/1/2019.

I was one of the reporters who reported inside the Legislative Council(LegCo) last night. At the time of writing, the government just made an announcement about a press conference at 4am. It is not difficult to imagine that in the morning, with the propaganda machine at full throttle, the young protesters who stormed the LegCo have all been branded as “rioters.” Here, I will write down what I saw. I hope you can gain a wider perspective and maybe view the incident in a different angle.

1. At 1pm, the front gate of the LegCo has been cracked open. Entering from the front gate, there was a strong smell of spoiled eggs, and the ground was a mess. It was full of broken glass and clutter. Young people and reporters entered and followed the elevator up to the first floor.

2. The first floor of the LegCo is the conference chamber and the front hall, which is the place where LegCo members take breaks. In the front hall, the sofa that was usually enjoyed by LegCo members became a place of rest for the young people, and there were graffiti on the wall. There were decorations in the cabinet on the side. Someone wanted to touch the art decoration, and was yelled at, “Don’t touch, really!” Another person walked down the stairs and said, “We’re occupying, not ransacking!” The person who was scolded said innocently, “I only noticed that this one seems broken…” and got scolded again, “Exactly, someone broke it! We really shouldn’t touch this stuff!”

3. After a while, I went back to the front hall to check. The cabinet now had four pieces of paper posted, with “do not destroy” written on them. The decorations on the cabinet were intact. The same situation happened in the underground canteen. They took the drinks from the fridge, but left money, and posted a note on the fridge, saying that it was not a burglary.

4. Inside the conference hall, there were not a lot of people throughout, and most of them were journalists and LegCo members. Fernando Cheung were there the entire night. Then there were the things everyone saw on TV ── graffiti, black paint. Off camera, someone tipped over a piece of metal plate, which made a loud noice, was immediately reminded, “Don’t mess up stuff!”

5. Out of the the portraits of previous presidents, the ones for Andrew Leung, Jasper Tsang and Rita Fan were taken down. The wall was painted with “YOU ASK FOR IT.” Portraits of Andrew Wong and John Joseph Swaine were spared.

6. As time went on, the discussion of leaving or staying was getting more and more heated. The democratic LegCo members returned to the conference hall, and some tried to communicate with the young people. The young people made it clear that they want to copy the Sunflower Student Movement. It was also mentioned that they hoped that LegCo members, or other respectable “adults”, can act as guardians to make the police think twice before attacking. At the beginning, they did have a long-term occupation plan, and some proposed to set up a “sentries”, supply lines, or “can anyone with IT background check how to turn on the speaker system from the control room.”

7. They were not fearless. Whenever someone shouted “Police!” outside, everyone would panic and run around. After a while when it seemed okay, someone would say “calm down” and “don’t spread fake news.”
2019-07-04 00:55:51
8. The thing that really got the stay/leave discussion going was one young person. The young people stationed at the conference hall were discussing about the topic, and this young man stood up, took off his mask, shouting “retreat is not an option,” “if we evacuate now, tomorrow we will really be branded as rioters by CCTVB,” “we will be hunted, and everyone will step on us mercilessly,” “the civil society would go backwards a decade,” he called for everyone to stay. Many clapped, and someone reminded him to “wear a mask.” He replied, “I took off my mask, because there is no turning back, we cannot afford to lose.”

9. Soon after, new variables were introduced. Another young person said that the Sunflower Student Movement required the help of respected people and parliamentary members, but after contacting the LegCo members, he understood that they would not help them, “They only care about the election next year, they would not help us.” “There are so few of us, why should we sacrifice ourselves for the politicians’ halos?” And so, the discussion began again. Later, there had been some consensus, for example, to evacuate after making a declaration. But after making the declaration, they went back to discussion. It was still difficult to reach a consensus.

10. The final conclusion was that 12am was the deadline for evacuation, and it was something the outer defense line negotiated with the police. Aside from a few young people who insisted on staying, all others would be evacuated at that time. The outer defense line would make every effort to delay the police until the last moment. The young people who would stay would congregate around the president’s podium and wait to be arrested. At this moment, things seemed to have finalized, and the young people who were ready to be arrested took off their masks and gave media interviews.

11. But discussion did not just stop there. Others continued to discuss in the conference hall, someone proposed, “Leave together or stay together,” “we can’t just leave someone behind to be arrested,” but there were also opinions like “even if you accuse me of being a spy, I still have to say this. Why wait for someone to arrest us, why not evacuate?” More than one youngster cried and asked “why does it have to be like this?”

12. Around the same time, some people came in from outside to report that the police were ready and told others in the building to leave. After groups and groups of people left, only the few people who were ready to be arrested were left in the conference hall.

13. The turning point came around ten minutes to 12am. We thought it was a done deal. All of a sudden, a dozen young people rushed into the conference hall. They yelled, “We leave together! We leave together!” They grabbed the staying few, and dragged them away from the conference hall. The Stand News live stream captured this moment, the reporter even asked some of the girls, “the deadline is coming, aren’t you scared?” “All of us are so scared, but we must save the four protestors. We must do this even if we’re afraid. The scarier thing would be to not be able to see them tomorrow.”

14. While the LegCo was empty (only LegCo members and journalists were left), the police still acted as if there were major enemies around. We could smell the tear gas even without leaving the building. Outside Tim Mei Avenue, they were releasing tear gas. Without goggles and gas masks, I choked as soon as I smelled the tear gas. At that moment, a girl who was evacuating passed by and stuffed a slice of lemon into my mouth (and I did not know that the lemon could help neutralize tear gas).

15. Democratic LegCo members had been present throughout. At the time of clearance, Roy Kwong used a mic at Harcourt road to beg the police not to overdo things. Alvin Yeung was at Admiralty Centre to direct people to rush to the MTR. Au Nok-hin was everywhere with the megaphone… Other democratic members also helped.
2019-07-04 00:56:26
16.The police were very restrained. They even asked if reporters needed water as they advanced.

The following are some observations from the entire night. These young people are not rioters. The reason for their siege, or if they did any wanton damage, everyone can judge for themselves.

And the following is my own judgement. These are purely subjective.

They used force, damaged buildings, and broke laws. But they didn’t damage for damage’s sake. All the damage done is to show their dissatisfaction towards the society, the system, and the ruling regime’s disregard for their voices. Many people would say that they should not have done it, and there are other paths they could have taken. But for them, this is the last resort. Even if they find another path in the future, it will only be in a more dangerous direction. No one would break into the LegCo building just for fun. Also, don’t say they are incited all the time. Just listen to them, you will understand that they really thought it through. The thinking process may be rough, may not be considerate of everything, but it is not something that can be easily manipulated by others.

Before blaming them, shouldn’t we first look at why a city that is self-proclaimed to be advanced and civilized, can force a whole generation of young people to go crazy? Even forcing them to die? In their eyes, they can’t see hope. From peaceful demonstrations, to non-cooperative movements, to the use of force, and even martyrdom, they have done almost everything. Everything that we as adults wouldn’t do and wouldn’t dare to do.

But the regime has no pity, it knows that by not responding, it will only exacerbate the anger of the young people, and forcing them to find more radical ways. But still, the regime continued its ways, and finally the young people stormed the LegCo. Then they chose to come out at 4am to condemn, to emphasize the “rule of law,” to start a propaganda war, to vow to brand the young people as rioters. What kind of regime is it that hides behind the veil of the rule of law? It knows clearly that it is the one who is slinking. To let the police and the young people fight each other, would only cause both sides to be hurt, and make both sides hate each other. But still, it ignores everything, choosing to use the hostility between the police and the people to earn bargaining chips to extend its own life. What kind of regime it is to treat its own colleagues and the future of the society like this?

For young people, freedom, human rights, democracy, the rule of law, civil society, these metaphysical things are actually what they cherish the most. Some people will taunt them, say they learned the wrong things and are out of their minds, but please think carefully, that every generation has different pursuits. The last generation was all about feeding the family, so they worked hard to improve their lives, and these efforts were recognized. Precisely because of this, after the efforts of the last generation, the environment is now good enough, and naturally their children would pursue better ideals. This is the progress of society.

But when their children start to pursue their own ideals, the last generation relentlessly suppress them, and decide that they have gone the wrong way, and just want them to copy their old paths. Isn’t this hindering the progress of society?

On this night, I really did not see the young people “rioting” (of course, the regime no longer dare to make this kind of hyperbole), what I see is, each and every one, children who would sacrifice themselves for the future of Hong Kong. They bet their future, not going on trips or dating in this summer vacation, knowing that they are going to live in the shadow of getting arrested, they still stood up, to protect the things that we adults have not been able to protect. Their methods may not be mature, rough, and often hotheaded…but people have already tried every mature way. We all know how effective that was.
2019-07-04 00:56:38
As a thirty-year-old adult, I just feel ashamed. We should be the ones protecting our children, but we are being protected by them instead. They may curse all the time, at times unrefined, and yell at things they don’t approve… this is because they really care. They care about this city.

Finally, to all thirty, forty, fifty-year-olds. Before these young people take the baton, it would be our turn first. The society, in fact, belongs to the middle-aged people (just look at the government). Can we make a promise to ourselves? When the day comes and we take charge of the society, we won’t let this bad habit of feeding on children to continue.
2019-07-04 00:56:56
2019-07-04 00:57:34
2019-07-04 00:59:13
我無野講
我要見律師
2019-07-04 00:59:37
2019-07-04 01:01:39
唔記得左貼英文版medium網址:
https://bit.ly/2XiYFpJ

share 佢老母出去
2019-07-04 01:02:34
push
2019-07-04 01:02:44
push
2019-07-04 01:03:31
push
2019-07-04 01:03:43
push
2019-07-04 01:05:21
push
2019-07-04 01:05:31
push
2019-07-04 01:06:00
I have nothing to say I want to see lawyer
2019-07-04 01:10:31
push
2019-07-04 01:10:43
push
2019-07-04 01:15:42
push
2019-07-04 01:19:12
2019-07-04 01:21:50
push
2019-07-04 01:22:32
2019-07-04 01:25:22
push
2019-07-04 01:26:53
push
2019-07-04 01:27:25
push
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞